PDA

View Full Version : Orange Fanta Zero

CitrusCola
05-22-2010, 05:55 PM
CCBCC is finally distributing Orange Fanta Zero in the NC Piedmont. I bought some last night at our local Walmart. My wife says that the local Target stores have it as well.

Now if they would just start distributing Pibb Zero around here....

popologist
05-22-2010, 09:12 PM
I love Fanta Zero. Me and my roommate drink it all the time. It's only sold in 2-liters in NYC though (at least in my neighborhood). It used to be a little scarce, but we're finding it more places now. :)

fusion
05-24-2010, 12:25 AM
It's the only flavor in 2L that we get exclusively from NY - and it's packed in shrinkwrap, not in a plastic shell.

It is darn good for a diet soda, I have to give them that. Shame you don't see more diet fruity sodas.

mjb1124
05-24-2010, 01:27 AM
Between this and Diet Orange Crush, the market for diet orange soda definitely seems to be growing. I only saw Fanta Zero in fridgepacks at first, but it has now expanded to 2-liters and 20 oz. bottles.

I do wonder if other Fanta/Crush/Sunkist flavors are strong enough sellers to justify diet versions. Perhaps we could see a Diet Cherry Crush if it continues to sell? I'd certainly love that.

CitrusCola
05-24-2010, 06:47 AM
I suspect that strong sales of Diet Orange Crush locally is what nudged CCBCC to start selling Orange Fanta Zero around here.

joshal1980
05-24-2010, 08:35 PM
I had a customer looking for diet grape soda while I was merchandising recently. The only diet grape soda that I know of is Faygo diet grape. Are there any others out there other than Faygo?

fusion
05-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Yes, but probably not in your area. There's a diet Grapico, but that's only sold by Buffalo Rock Pepsi in their territory in the southeastern US. Next is Sunpop Diet Grape, which is sold by Ahold owned stores - Giant of Carlisle PA, Giant of Landover MD, Stop and Shop of Quincy MA. Last one I can think of is Diet NuGrape. distribution seems to be limited, I'm not sure where you can find it. The brand does seem to be making a slow comeback, though.

CitrusCola
05-25-2010, 07:06 AM
In my opinion, Diet Grapico tastes much better than Faygo Diet Grape. I've also heard that Polar makes a diet grape soda, but I've never seen it.

I'd like to try Diet Nugrape, but I've not seen it anywhere. Does anyone know what the story is on Nugrape? I think it's owned by Big Red, but it's not on their website anymore. Nugrape has its own site:

index (http://www.nugrape.com/)

Swifty
05-25-2010, 10:13 PM
Yup. Got it in Charleston, SC , too. I was pleasantly surprised as to how tasty it is.

fusion
05-26-2010, 01:41 AM
I'd like to try Diet Nugrape, but I've not seen it anywhere. Does anyone know what the story is on Nugrape? I think it's owned by Big Red, but it's not on their website anymore.

The corporate link on the nugrape site does take you to the Big Red site, though. Too bad their online store doesn't sell NuGrape.

SodaFan16
08-26-2010, 05:48 PM
I LOVE Orange Fanta Zero, I bought 3 12 pack cans of them a while back.

I wish they had Fanta Zero for the other flavors too.