PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi's 99c 16oz cans

drpep
05-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Are these being phased out? Most c-stores around me have posters in the parking lot advertising these cans but in the cooler they have 16oz plastic for 99c.

pepsiguy383
05-23-2010, 05:15 PM
I've never seen a 16 oz. can, but have always said they would sell if they would come out with them... on the other hand, we started selling the 16 oz bottles of Pepsi, Dt Pepsi, and Sierra Mist... talk about a dog!!! Horrible placement in the cooler sets, bottom shelf, opposite handle side, almost impossible to see!! It's not gonna surprise me one bit if we have to blow out our remaining stock somewhere for cheap.. If anything, they should drop them to 79 cents to try and outsell coke's version.

Supra TT
05-23-2010, 05:23 PM
We see a TON of our .99cent 16oz bottles. coke products

lordmadone
05-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Well Pepsi is taking a bold(albeit DUMB) move with the 16oz bottles. We noticed that while we dominate in C-stores with Pepsi and Mountain Dew 20oz as the number 1 and 2 csd SS..and coke 20oz being a distant third..the new 16oz coke is gaining at a fast pace and stealing a lot of market share(albeit a lot of their own and some of ours) and we had to do something to reverse that trend..which will inevitably eat at our own sales. I guess it is fighting fire with fire at this point..

Supra TT
05-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Well Pepsi is taking a bold(albeit DUMB) move with the 16oz bottles. We noticed that while we dominate in C-stores with Pepsi and Mountain Dew 20oz as the number 1 and 2 csd SS..and coke 20oz being a distant third..the new 16oz coke is gaining at a fast pace and stealing a lot of market share(albeit a lot of their own and some of ours) and we had to do something to reverse that trend..which will inevitably eat at our own sales. I guess it is fighting fire with fire at this point..

How is it a dumb move? 20oz sales have been trending down, gotta do something to change that. With money being so tight now adays it's a must. Even in your area if you sell more pepsi than coke.... if people are not die hard pepsi fans and dont mind drinking coke, they will pick up that coke over pepsi for that .99 cent price point. That is just one sale that you missed on, times how many people think the same way. Very smart move.

wonkapete
05-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Here's a pic of the cans I picked in Atlanta couple months ago..

lordmadone
05-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Our 20oz trending is actually going UP...WAY UP(I don't think even one of our stores large format wise has been down at any point this OR last year)! So it is actually a very dumb move. The 16oz won't last in the long run..plus if I am not mistaken.. C-stores(and the soda companies that provide these products) are making less of a profit as a result.