PDA

View Full Version : Another new look for Pepsi Max

mjb1124
05-31-2010, 11:43 PM
Aside from Sierra Mist, Pepsi Max may be the product to have gotten the most redesigns in recent years. But I think this latest one is a keeper. The color scheme and the big red "Max" logo are similar to the European Pepsi Max design. It features the same "smile" as regular Pepsi, which seems to have become the standard logo for all Pepsi varieties. (Though Pepsi One continues to retain the old globe as of now.)

Also, much like with the European version, the new packaging emphasizes "Zero Calories, Maximum Taste". I actually got my hopes up that they had gotten rid of the ginseng and extra caffeine, as I like the taste of Max but I don't react well to the energy blend. But alas, ginseng is still listed in the ingredients.

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
05-31-2010, 11:54 PM
Personally, I like the "Subduided" version better, not hiring a design artist to come up with some wacky design. One thing I am interested to see is:
Will advertisements (Such as ones at sporting events, etc) change. I, as a Jeff Gordon-Pepsi scheme fan, am interested to see if his scheme, as well as the advertisements for the race (Pepsi Max 400), will change.

XLS_04
06-01-2010, 04:58 AM
That's better than what they previously had, but not the best "Max" logo out of the variations. The 1st logo is still the best, thew 2nd one is nice as well. So I guess this new logo would be 3rd best.

mofizz
06-01-2010, 11:13 AM
I still don't think this will fix Max. At least they are calling out "zero calories" on the packaging.

Dewman1979
06-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Wish they would support it with flavor extensions.

Android
06-01-2010, 06:50 PM
What about that "Cease-Fire" Pepsi Max flavor?

So is Pepsi still keeping the same-old for Pepsi One then? which I still think is better than Max - both in taste and packaging.
-Andy

lordmadone
06-01-2010, 07:38 PM
JUST literally saw this max design in the warehouse..crazy..wasn't expecting it but as someone mentioned..I suppose they want the alignment on all the flavors/logos. Wouldn't be suprised if pepsi one is next..it is the last one to my understanding. I think this is the best logo..and YES..Max sells..albeit not that great but it is selling better and better in all my stores and others.

Pepsiman
06-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Pepsi needs to stop changing packaging constantly and make the products tatse better.

Dewman1979
06-02-2010, 04:55 AM
What about that "Cease-Fire" Pepsi Max flavor?

So is Pepsi still keeping the same-old for Pepsi One then? which I still think is better than Max - both in taste and packaging.
-Andy
There's one. But that is it. They keep coming out with new stuff for Diet Pepsi, yet they ignore Max.

Dewman1979
06-02-2010, 04:56 AM
JUST literally saw this max design in the warehouse..crazy..wasn't expecting it but as someone mentioned..I suppose they want the alignment on all the flavors/logos. Wouldn't be suprised if pepsi one is next..it is the last one to my understanding. I think this is the best logo..and YES..Max sells..albeit not that great but it is selling better and better in all my stores and others.

It should sell. Great flavor.

fusion
06-02-2010, 06:14 AM
I like the current graphics much better than this one. The MAX being in red and that funky font really accentuates that part of the name, which may turn off some potential consumers (they may see it as some Jolt type cola, loaded to the max with caffeine).

And I agree with mofizz on the calling out of zero calories. Coke Zero has been kicking major butt since it came out, and I'm sure Pepsi wouldn't mind a bigger slice of that pie.

popologist
06-02-2010, 12:37 PM
I like the new packaging. It's very Coke-Zero-ish... in a Pepsi sort of way. ;)

cokebabies
06-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Honestly, I think each re-design gets worse. I don't dislike it, I just think it's an inferior look to its predecessors.

Dewman1979
06-04-2010, 04:25 PM
I like the current graphics much better than this one. The MAX being in red and that funky font really accentuates that part of the name, which may turn off some potential consumers (they may see it as some Jolt type cola, loaded to the max with caffeine).

And I agree with mofizz on the calling out of zero calories. Coke Zero has been kicking major butt since it came out, and I'm sure Pepsi wouldn't mind a bigger slice of that pie.

They will have to do a better job of marketing to get that done.

lordmadone
06-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Wow..so many people disbelieve in Pepsi Max..so sorry. It is truly a strong brand and it keeps getting stronger. Honestly all of the designs have been very inferior compared to the most recent. It seems far more professional and to the point of what it is trying to potray..sales are showing it easily.

Android
06-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Personally, it's not that I disbelieve in it, it's just that I do not like how it tastes. I tried it when it came out and after that 12pack was gone, I went right back to Pepsi One. Then later, I decided to stop drinking aspartame so PMax is not even an option anymore for me.

Packaging, well I don't know if it's really that much better or worse than before, it's OK.

-Andy

lordmadone
06-05-2010, 05:54 PM
I truly wish I could post the three designs that Pepsi max(maybe 4?) has had since its inception over here..its been around for about 3-4 years..changing that often(considering the entire logo overhaul doesnt really factor in to me one of those changes)...each time it has gotten better. It USE to be a dust collector..now it easily sells...albeit not that great..but Coke Zero in comparison usually goes out of date often compared to Max and Zero is available in more packaging varieties(not directed towards you but everyone else..although you didnt bring up Zero)

Dewman1979
06-05-2010, 10:39 PM
I truly wish I could post the three designs that Pepsi max(maybe 4?) has had since its inception over here..its been around for about 3-4 years..changing that often(considering the entire logo overhaul doesnt really factor in to me one of those changes)...each time it has gotten better. It USE to be a dust collector..now it easily sells...albeit not that great..but Coke Zero in comparison usually goes out of date often compared to Max and Zero is available in more packaging varieties(not directed towards you but everyone else..although you didnt bring up Zero)

And yet, it's still and after thought. None of the Diet Pepsi flavor extensions crossed over.

cokeman19
06-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Whatever happened to "new look, same great taste" when a new logo for Pepsi came out. Are they changing logos so much that they just don't bother anymore.

Most people probably know already but the "thin" smiley face logo has been replaced by the "regular" smiley face on Diet Pepsi. That counts as a new logo,Sierra mist has a new look which seems pretty lame in my opinion. Also when you go down the Pepsi aisle they still have the old logo for wild cherry Pepsi and pepsi one.

Has all this changing helped the brand or hurt?

BTW has Barq's root beer ever changed their logo at all? Seems to never change which might actually be a good thing.

Android
06-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Yeah, good point on the lack of a "New Look" - but I've seen that on packaging way longer than it needed to be before.

Wild Cherry Pepsi's got a facelift coming - so that'll be one less old logo out there, leaving P1 as mentioned above as the last of the "good" Pepsi logos out there.

-Andy

Ram0n C0keah0lic
06-16-2010, 11:35 AM
In fact I thought that Pepsi Mexico was going to adopt that european Pepsi Max logo now that Pepsi Kick already used the Laughing Pepsi globe logo... but instead they used it for Pepsi Max too and now Pepsi Kick and Pepsi Max kinda have the same logo with the only differences in the name and the color of the Pepsi globe...

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/3849/1606100934.jpg

lordmadone
06-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Interesting Ramon..thanks for that.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
06-17-2010, 01:22 AM
thank you too! :)

PepsiBlue
06-19-2010, 12:47 AM
I liked the 2nd one the best, even if it only lasted a few months lol.
I do like the new one tho as well.

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
07-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Jeff Gordon-Pepsi scheme fan, am interested to see if his scheme, as well as the advertisements for the race (Pepsi Max 400), will change.

Noticed that he was drinking an updated 20oz and had a small decal with the new design on it! First advertisement change I've noticed.

Mr Zabe
07-04-2010, 02:06 PM
I noticed that too.
NASCAR beverage marketing is awesome.
I still get a kick out of the new sponsor for
last nights race. Coke Zero!!!!! Looks and
sounds cool. I really enjoyed those small
box adds. The telecast was very viewer friendly.

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
07-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Saw new 2L. I kinda think its cool but maybe a little too razzy for some people.