PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Restaurants (NOT Takeout) Strange Soda Selection

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
05-31-2010, 11:02 PM
Todays visit to one today brought back this little thing I've had at restaurants like this around my area.
Most everyone of these restaurants only sell Coke products (Well, Coke, Diet Coke, and Sprite), but most have orange soda.
Now you would think they'd serve Fanta, as that is Coke's orange soda. That isn't the case. Pretty much every place has Sunkist. This has been going on for awhile, I remember getting it for years. Any reason why they don't serve Fanta instead of Sunkist?

Themaster73
06-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Todays visit to one today brought back this little thing I've had at restaurants like this around my area.
Most everyone of these restaurants only sell Coke products (Well, Coke, Diet Coke, and Sprite), but most have orange soda.
Now you would think they'd serve Fanta, as that is Coke's orange soda. That isn't the case. Pretty much every place has Sunkist. This has been going on for awhile, I remember getting it for years. Any reason why they don't serve Fanta instead of Sunkist?

Maybe they like Sunkist better than Fanta?

fusion
06-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Are you talking fountain or bottle/can? If it's the latter, they usually buy from grocery stores, IME, and not the local distributor. So they may carry an odd selection.

UncleBob
06-02-2010, 01:42 AM
Are you 100% sure it's Sunkist? I know it's not uncommon to see small, locally owned restaurants substitute the name of one drink for another on menus and such. I've seen several places that claim to have 7-Up when they have Sierra Mist or A&W when they have Mug/Barq's. Or Dr Pepper when they have Pibb.

fusion
06-02-2010, 05:08 AM
Coke bottlers were the original ones to carry the Sunkist sodas. Maybe they just didn't change the menu or the fountain sticker.

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
06-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Nope, its cans (And I'm pretty sure its not a Fanta can under disguise).

CCE Girlie
06-14-2010, 09:12 PM
If it is cans, they are probably buying from their grocery truck or going to a local store to get it.
Very rarely do we try to push cans in On Premise/Foodservice. BIB and 20oz usually.