PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Pepsi 20ct cases

Mr Zabe
06-03-2010, 02:41 AM
It appears that the Chicago market now has the Pepsi brands 20ct cases.
They are on sale for $4.99 at Joe Caputo and Sons. I'm sure the chain grocery
stores will have them too. I'm not too thrill with these 20cts, I still would rather
buy fridge packs. I wonder how these 20 cts will sell? I'm guessing that Coke and Pepsi
will have a nice hot sale war for the summer and longer.

esw01407
06-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Right now the war's been ongoing in the local Wal-Marts since the release of the movie Avatar, $5 24-ct Coke and Pepsi products galore. I thought it might be just a sale for a week, but its been at least 3 or 4 weeks now, and both keep restocking.

fusion
06-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Wrong. It's not a price war at all. Wal-Mart is choosing to promote the 24 pack cans at $5. They've been that price for at least two and a half months here, with no end in sight.

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
06-03-2010, 09:48 PM
20 packs are hidden around hear in alot of supermarkets. Saw a Fifa Coke promo with lots of different 20 packs yesterday.

fusion
06-03-2010, 09:51 PM
It appears that the Chicago market now has the Pepsi brands 20ct cases.
They are on sale for $4.99 at Joe Caputo and Sons. I'm sure the chain grocery
stores will have them too. I'm not too thrill with these 20cts, I still would rather
buy fridge packs. I wonder how these 20 cts will sell? I'm guessing that Coke and Pepsi
will have a nice hot sale war for the summer and longer.

Pepsi had the 20 packs here, but it seemed like an in-and-out package. Philadelphia Coke is sticking with the 24 pack for all their chain stores, but we've switched to 20 packs for everyone except Wal-Mart, and the few Acme stores in our area.

There is also a lot of coupon promotion with the 20 packs - tied in with snacks, summer grilling items, and so on. They actually do well for us. $5.99 in most stores, which is a good deal when 12 pack cans are off sale.