PDA

View Full Version : Consumer Reports Find Dangerous Chemicals In Protein Shakes

rackitup
06-06-2010, 02:51 AM
I wonder what this will do to these products?

Consumer Reports Find Dangerous Chemicals In Protein Shakes (http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/health1/consumer-reports-find-dangerous-chemicals-in-protein-shakes_100374455.html)

greg
06-06-2010, 03:47 PM
On the surface this is a good consumer report..however, look into the numbers and you will see that the reporter failed to mention somme commonalities of these drinks with other everyday drinks and food items.
You can find arsenic in water, sodas, juices, etc. You can find it food products as well.
A consumer can actually overdose on water and become poisoned with arsenic by drinking too much water.

Bottom line is, if you read the whole story, the tests were based on more serviongs per day than recommended. That is a shame the the author had to manipulate the data to get a desired effect so that the story could have the slant thet the author wished to express.

Just as ED's, Alcohol, sodas, et al are safe to consume on a daily basis if taken as directed so are protein drinks.
I've been drinking them fo years and I have never had a problem.

Again, BIG Government telling you something that is actuall healthy for you is bad so that they can control the populace and have you at teh gov't teet. A time wil come when the governmant has so blinded the American people that we will fore go our rights and privileges to make our decisions and allow them to make them for us..........Hows that working out so far????

Mr Zabe
06-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Once again Greg, well said.