PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my mello yello

Troy The Vault Drinker
06-12-2010, 04:11 PM
So I'm vacationing in Tennessee right now and mello yello is everywhere. I love it

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
06-12-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm finding it here and there, but in plenty of stores now.

cokeman19
06-12-2010, 07:27 PM
customer told me the other day people are liking it more than dew.

lordmadone
06-13-2010, 07:00 PM
It is pretty much everywhere(with the new logo) in my area...no commercial/radio support ..I see many random coupons..but it doesn't move still. I saw someone drinking a 20oz in the grocery store today..that was a first...

Themaster73
06-13-2010, 09:40 PM
customer told me the other day people are liking it more than dew.

Can it compete with the return of Dew Throwback?

BhamCokeman
06-13-2010, 10:31 PM
It is pretty much everywhere(with the new logo) in my area...no commercial/radio support ..I see many random coupons..but it doesn't move still. I saw someone drinking a 20oz in the grocery store today..that was a first...

I figured you might be the one to say it's still not moving, so got a little info for you. Yes we are running a promo right now for 79 cents, but I got a few stores to pull their units sold for the month of May last month. For example, the top store in my territory sold 112 cases of Yello 20 oz compared to 67 Dew. This is scan data just so you know. The other two that scan, have the same 2 to 1 ratio. Also customers that dont scan say that Dew sales have been cut in half. Now, who knows what will happen when we go back to $1.39(if we do), but I know right now it's getting into their sales. It has helped the strategy we have had. We've put up a fight, and have pushed it instead of just sitting back and seeing what it would do.

imawalkingcorpse
06-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Still not in KC anywhere yet.

lordmadone
06-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Thanks Bham..heh I guess I put myself out there enough to be know for things such as that. However you kind of said it yourself..79cent price promo will annihilate the competition as far as case movement but thats a temporary boost. Just like with Vault's initial offering. However MY is far more established so it does have consumer awareness..could you imagine Dew dropping to 79cents? Ever? It would be impossible to keep in the store. Mt.Dew 20oz is the #1 CSD cold drink in the country. A few victories here and there are nice to spotlight..you can always win a few battles..but its the war that matters ;-).

Themaster73
06-15-2010, 01:59 AM
Thanks Bham..heh I guess I put myself out there enough to be know for things such as that. However you kind of said it yourself..79cent price promo will annihilate the competition as far as case movement but thats a temporary boost. Just like with Vault's initial offering. However MY is far more established so it does have consumer awareness..could you imagine Dew dropping to 79cents? Ever? It would be impossible to keep in the store. Mt.Dew 20oz is the #1 CSD cold drink in the country. A few victories here and there are nice to spotlight..you can always win a few battles..but its the war that matters ;-).

Pepsi doesn't even put out as much coupons as Coke does. Some Coke coupons may make Mello Yello almost free (except tax and deposit). Coke Rewards and RecycleBank coupons would make 20 oz Mello Yello just tax and deposit only.

Dew Drinkers would be better off with the 2 liters than 20 oz, MUCH cheaper when on sale.

Mr Zabe
06-15-2010, 06:01 AM
Dew Drinkers would be better off with the 2 liters than 20 oz, MUCH cheaper when on sale.

Price and quantity are not usually what drives a purchase of a 20oz soft drink.
Speaking for myself,I'm very frugal with my money. I buy my soda pop on sale
and keep a decent back stock. How ever, I "grab and go" 20oz soda pops all the time
at gas stops, connivance stores, local delivery restaurants ect. I'm willing to pay
$1.39 or so for a nice refreshing serving of soda pop that I can enjoy while
hanging out and about.

mofizz
06-15-2010, 10:03 AM
You can sell anything for $0.79 and get a lift. Deep discounts like that are necessary to get trial but you gotta remember Coke is selling that case for around $12. Compare that to the $22 or more Pepsi is getting for a case of Dew. Even if Dew got down to a $0.99 20oz (figure $16 on invoice) they wouldn't get enough lift as a power brand to make up for the lost MC.

Troy The Vault Drinker
06-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Back home to a Mello Yelloless world :(

Mr Zabe
06-15-2010, 02:01 PM
It might just be my sensitive taste buds. LOL
When I chug down super ice cold Mello Yello out of a
2 litr bottle, I swear that I sense similar flavor notes
from Vault. Also I get similar caffeine kick as well.

I'm enjoying Mello Yello, I do not miss Vault.

cokeman19
06-19-2010, 10:45 PM
mello yello has a similar caffeine content to dew. it is still lower than vault by about 20 percent or so but higher that coke and Pepsi.

btw is the carbonation low in mello yello???

popologist
06-20-2010, 12:37 AM
If it has the same caffeine content, then why is it called "mello"? lol

Mr Zabe
06-20-2010, 09:19 AM
I seem to recall that Mello Yello was aimed at the stoners. LOL
Stay mello and stay yello ( enjoy your buzz and stay awake)???

Dewman1979
06-21-2010, 03:56 PM
I love this stuff....but not as much as Sun Drop.

imawalkingcorpse
06-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Finally found it with the new/throwback labeling. It is better than ever.