PDA

View Full Version : Derr's Soda

jimsmith117
06-20-2010, 08:10 PM
Have any of you ever heard of or tried this? From what i gather, they were in business from 1889-1992 in Boonville,In near Evansville then ceased operations until the last yr or two. I think they have strawberry and orange-pineapple already available.I did quick search but couldn't find any threads or posts about it.Just something i had on my mind and want to try myself.I'm always looking for something new.

Dr. Galaga
06-21-2010, 01:38 PM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

jimsmith117
06-26-2010, 09:41 AM
I figured this was a very limited area product, but surprised no one on here seems to have tried it considering it has been around so long.

jimsmith117
07-03-2010, 08:37 AM
I plan on getting some of the Derr's products very soon, guess i will be the first on here to give a review of these drinks.

Dr. Galaga
07-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Strange. Whenever I post something, it deletes my post and puts, "Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply." which I did!
Here I go in edit mode...

Let us know what you think. I heard from Joe Derr, the President of C.A. Derr, the other day and he said that they just started distributing the Orange-Pineapple. Strawberry has been around for about a year and they will be slowly adding more flavors. Let us know what you think.

jimsmith117
07-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Derr's drinks are actually being bottled for them by Excel.Both have Facebook pages and websites of their own.I tried the Strawberry and the closest thing it reminds me of would be of a less sweet Big Red.The Orange-Pineapple has a predominately pineapple flavor and also has a less sweeter taste than some soda.Since i have only drunk one of each so far, i can't say with certainty how i will feel about them long term, but my initial impression is positive.They apparently have a small, but very vocal fan base in the Boonville,and Evansville area and use their original recipes.

Dumas Walker
07-25-2010, 10:54 AM
IIRC, I read about Derr's in some online conversations about Ski in the Evansville area. The posts were in past-tense, so they must have been posting before the re-introduction. The folks who were posting about it were positive. They also seemed to think that Derr's was sweetened with real sugar instead of HFCS, for what it is worth. I've never tried one, but reading what they said made me curious.

jimsmith117
07-30-2010, 10:53 PM
If i understand correctly, Excel uses the old Dixie bottler for their returnables and another newer system for their own throwaways and Derr's products which are also made with cane sugar.