PDA

View Full Version : Dr Pepper w/sugar and Cherry Diet Dr Pepper

cokeman19
07-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Dr Pepper is going to have a special logo for being 125 years old.

The Diet Cherry Dr Pepper is coming to new england in 20 oz

Mello Yello is coming to supermarkets in 500ml 6packs in the New England area.

fusion
07-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Bad info.

Sugar Dr Pepper is coming out next week, in areas where CCE has Dr Pepper. Not sure about other bottlers. 125th anniversary packaging with HFCS soda also coming out.

Diet Cherry DP is already out. CCE is just expanding the packaging offerings, adding 2Ls and 20oz. Philadelphia Coke and Pepsi down here already sell it in all three packages.

And, as far as I know, the 500ml 6pk Mello Yello is only for Alabama/Tennessee. They have all the packaging down there - 24 packs, 20 packs, 16oz, etc.

cokeman19
07-03-2010, 06:03 PM
we are getting the mello yello 500 ml here in new england.

i haven't seen any 2l here just 12packs and 20 oz so far.

i'd like to have a blind taste test of mello yello and dew.

i think they pretty much taste the same but i'm not an expert by any means.

atrac
07-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Just found the Dr. Pepper made with sugar today here in SoCal. After reading about Heritage for months, I was quite excited to finally see this!

The store had a "buy two get three free" deal, so I now I have six 12-packs of it (costing $2 a piece).

Although the packaging does not say it is "Heritage," on the receipt it was listed as "Dr. Pepper Heritage." This packaging does refer to the 125 years as the OP mentioned. The box shows several different versions of the cans that are inside.

Whether this is Dr. Pepper with Sugar or Dr. Pepper Heritage, I can only say that it's good! ;)

cokeman19
07-04-2010, 12:08 AM

fusion
07-04-2010, 12:32 AM
That's news to me about the 6pk Mello Yello. I haven't heard anything about us getting it in Maryland.

My hunch is that DPS used the same UPC for Heritage DP and this new 125th anniversary packaging. I know they didn't change the UPCs when Coke bottlers switched to contour, though Coke changed all their UPCs.

janstett
07-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Can anybody who has tasted Dublin Dr. Pepper comment on the taste? Curious to know how much effort I should put into finding this.

I drove to another state for the DP Heritage and was disappointed.

fusion
07-05-2010, 06:44 AM
Dubin DP is heaven in a bottle. I stumbled upon some during a road trip many moons ago in Staunton VA from the Dr Pepper distributor there. I grabbed 4 6 packs of it. Looking back, I wish I had gotten more. That was the only time I ever saw them carry it. Haven't seen it anywhere else since.

I'd love to go to Dublin once and try it right off the line.

Perhaps the 125th anniversary stuff will taste different than the Heritage. I know there are differences between the taste of the Pepsi-bottled DP and the Coke-bottled DP here. You live in CCE territory, so you should be able to find the 125th stuff very soon. The company wants it on a special display, but not on the shelf in the soda aisle. But sometimes, that just isn't going to happen.

Dewman1979
07-05-2010, 04:15 PM
I wish I could get MY in something other than 20oz.

fusion
07-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Hmm. The Northwest is apparently a big 1L market, and Mello Yello was planned to be released in 1Ls there. Can't verify if it happened or not. I do know that cans and 2L aren't in the plans, at least for now.

janstett
07-06-2010, 08:16 AM
Dubin DP is heaven in a bottle. I stumbled upon some during a road trip many moons ago in Staunton VA from the Dr Pepper distributor there. I grabbed 4 6 packs of it. Looking back, I wish I had gotten more. That was the only time I ever saw them carry it. Haven't seen it anywhere else since.

I've been getting it here (http://www.olddocs.com/product.aspx?id=174&up1=269&up2=274&up3=275&cat=Drinks&subcat1=Dr%20Pepper&subcat2=Made%20with%20Sugar). Works out to around $1/can with shipping, which is expensive, but it's good stuff.

I guess what I meant to say was, can anybody whose tasted DP w/sugar and had Dublin DP compare?

I've had Heritage and Dublin DP and Dublin DP was leagues above, it's my 2nd favorite drink ever. Heritage was pale next to it.

janstett
07-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Interestingly I was in my local grocery store and all the regular DP is gone (wondering if I missed the hoarders sucking up the sugar product).

Anyway, I came across this:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/media/ALeqM5jgNGIUrHbFBiT-zf5gmEhefUHRcAhttp://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/media/ALeqM5i9c512Nx3LL1PVfBk09kC6BLaZtA

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/media/ALeqM5jxvP549zqh_nzCyPBojqISD0uxywhttp://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/media/ALeqM5h-W820sjuJpfX6Ogc5yVfq943msQ

Dr Pepper orders sugar for 125th anniversary
By EMILY FREDRIX (AP) 6 days ago
NEW YORK Dr Pepper is prescribing some sugar this summer in honor of its 125th anniversary, the latest in a series of moves by soda makers to temporarily swap out high fructose corn syrup.
The spicy soda made by Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc. is rolling out Dr Pepper "Made With Real Sugar" this weekend through early September.
Cans and bottles will feature old logos in the company's deep red, and colorful designs with lions and bright swirls of color harkening back to the 60s. Popular phrases such as "I'm a Pepper" also appear.
There are six different can designs. The company wanted to bring back the sugar version to help highlight its past, which dates to the creation of Dr Pepper by pharmacist Charles Alderton in Waco, Texas, in 1885.
Dr Pepper declined to say if it will try out sugar in other brands such as Canada Dry, 7-Up and A&W Root Beer.
Manufacturers are testing sugar drinks as people's appetite for them increases, as some become concerned about high fructose corn syrup. Though they're nutritionally almost identical and equally caloric, some consumers believe corn syrup is less healthy than sugar.
They're also racing to come up with natural, no-calorie sweeteners and reformulate their beverages, though they haven't been able to apply that to major soft drink brands yet.
Last summer, rival PepsiCo Inc. launched real sugar versions of Pepsi and Mountain Dew, calling them "Throwback" and using old packaging designs. Pepsi Throwback was so popular the company brought it back for a brief time in the winter. It declined to say what the drink's prospects are for the future.
Coca-Cola Co. offers a kosher version of Coke that uses sugar (look for bottles with yellow caps), often available around Passover. Mexican-made Coca-Cola, which also uses real sugar, can sometimes be found in the U.S., and fans pay a higher price for it. One Dr Pepper bottler, Dublin Dr Pepper, has been making the soft drink with sugar since 1891, in the drink's home state of Texas.
More could be coming. PepsiCo's Sierra Mist line will now be reformulating into a sugar-sweetened version called "Sierra Mist Natural," according to a report Thursday by trade publication Beverage Digest. PepsiCo, based in Purchase, N.Y., did not return messages seeking comment.
The industry switched to high fructose corn syrup in the 1970s as a cheaper alternative to sugar, said Gerry Khermouch, editor of Beverage Business Insights.
There seems to be growing demand for it, as evidenced by Pepsi's success with Throwback, even the second time around, he said. But drink makers are also wary of sending a message that there's anything wrong with high fructose corn syrup.
"In some ways their worst nightmare is that this thing sells through the roof, because then that's telling them something about how consumers feel about their product," he said.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

janstett
07-09-2010, 10:25 AM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/media/ALeqM5gEOSzyPrKqCrJAiPhwi6sJaxzHdQ
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/media/ALeqM5hzyuy6875j-CDmN_sixTuOrjgTxA

janstett
07-09-2010, 06:46 PM
I was out doing a Home Depot run for this weekend and happened to stop in a supermarket. Well, I didn't happen to stop, I went out of my and eventually looked at 4 of them before I found it and scored 3 12 packs.

I'll edit this post once I've had one properly chilled, but so far I'd say it is very very similar to the Pepsi-produced "Heritage" from before (I drove to another state to find that one). A bit better and the sugar has more bite (cane vs beet? mixture?). But it's most similar to Heritage and not in the same league as Dublin DP, which is good good stuff.

Still glad to see them do it, however.

UncleBob
07-10-2010, 01:36 AM
Is this only being marketed in Coke-produced Dr Pepper areas? If so, anyone know if there's a way to search for Coke-produced Dr Pepper by area?

drpep
07-10-2010, 11:08 PM
But it's most similar to Heritage

Oh please don't let this be true. Having to drink 66 cans of that swill would be Hell. Maybe I'll get lucky and find two designs per 12 pack.

janstett
07-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Is this only being marketed in Coke-produced Dr Pepper areas? If so, anyone know if there's a way to search for Coke-produced Dr Pepper by area?

Yes, this appears to be appearing only in Coke-bottled areas. If you look at a can of regular DP or any other DP products it will say if it's bottled by a Coke bottler. If your area got Heritage DP (Pepsi bottlers), you won't get this.

Oh please don't let this be true. Having to drink 66 cans of that swill would be Hell. Maybe I'll get lucky and find two designs per 12 pack.

Now that I've had a few refrigerated cans, I'll stand by what I said but it's better than I thought at first. Still most similar to Heritage but it's got a stronger sugar bite to it, it's like an improved Heritage, but neither holds a candle to Dublin DP.

lordmadone
07-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Janstett you are completely wrong on ONLY being produced in coke areas that do Doc. ALL PBC(aka PEPSI) bottlers will be participating in this if they have distribution rights for Doc. My area is one of them.

rv65
07-13-2010, 06:01 AM
Haven't been able to find it in my area. Maybe some stores carry it but Vons, my local grocery store doesn't have it.

janstett
07-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Janstett you are completely wrong on ONLY being produced in coke areas that do Doc. ALL PBC(aka PEPSI) bottlers will be participating in this if they have distribution rights for Doc. My area is one of them.

I'd be glad to be wrong, but I've read otherwise, including post #2 in this thread.

Love to hear if the PBC and CCE stuff tastes any different.

lordmadone
07-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Did you bother to read the part where fusion said: "......Not sure about other bottlers. 125th anniversary packaging with HFCS soda also coming out."

Every graphic and item that has been posted in here is in our PoP room(sales/signage room) but we have not gotten in the shipment yet..it is supposed to come at the end of this month to coincide with the relaunch of pepsi/dew throwback.

So yes..you are wrong. Next time please don't be so assuming of your facts when a person who actually works for the company you are expressing doubt in tells you otherwise. I have no reason to lie. I can be mistaken from time to time and I will apologize but not on this.

jl1718
07-15-2010, 05:41 PM
The Dr. Pepper cans I had on my truck today looked nothing like those.

UncleBob
07-15-2010, 11:13 PM
If you look at a can of regular DP or any other DP products it will say if it's bottled by a Coke bottler. If your area got Heritage DP (Pepsi bottlers), you won't get this.

I know all of that - what I'm wanting to know is if there's some way to tell (via internet search, phone call, etc.) where the closest Coke-bottled Dr Pepper is to my current location...

Android
07-16-2010, 03:28 AM
I don't recall ever seeing a comprehensive list of Dr Pepper bottler affiliations.
Maybe if you posted your location someone might be able to just tell you the best areas to try.

fusion
07-16-2010, 07:24 AM
I'm with Android on this. Post your location, and we'll see what we can do. You don't even have to name your city/town. But you'll have to be more specific than your state.

Because even here in tiny Delaware, it's handled by three different companies. Philadelphia Coke in the north, CCE in a tiny 3-town area just below that, and PBV in the rest of the state. Just over the state line in Maryland, it's a independent Pepsi distributor, and to the north of that it's ABARTA Coke. To the west it's PBC.

Some states are pretty easy. NJ, for example. CCE in the northern half, Philadelphia Coke in the southern. But in some states, it can change hands probably ten times or more.

UncleBob
07-17-2010, 01:48 AM
I don't recall ever seeing a comprehensive list of Dr Pepper bottler affiliations.
Maybe if you posted your location someone might be able to just tell you the best areas to try.

ZIP 62821

Thanks! :)

Android
07-18-2010, 12:28 AM
Okay, that's SE Illinois, an area I don't know much about. I know in southern Missouri Coke and Dr Pepper are together. http://www.cocacolaozarks.com/

Anyone else?

UncleBob
07-18-2010, 04:18 AM
Okay, that's SE Illinois, an area I don't know much about. I know in southern Missouri Coke and Dr Pepper are together. Coca-Cola/Dr Pepper Ozarks (http://www.cocacolaozarks.com/)

Anyone else?

Oh, dang... so close. I'm going to St. Louis at the end of the month... ;)

DPDude
07-18-2010, 05:12 PM
The 125th Anniversary packaging has shown up in EXTREMELY limited quantities in the San Antonio area. Only HEB stores have had it so far and in limited supply. The Coke bottler here has the rights to Dr Pepper and they have a really poor track record of supporting the special Dr Pepper products that come out. They're usually the last to get them and then filter them out of their system at the soonest opportunity.

Terry K
07-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Oh, dang... so close. I'm going to St. Louis at the end of the month... ;)

Ozarks' Coke territory goes up to Rolla. You *can* get a Coke Dr Pepper in Phelps County as far as I know.

ThePieHole
07-23-2010, 03:33 AM
Fusion,

I did a little northern Delaware trolling, and the only chain to have the anniversary packaging this week was Shop Rite (Route 4, Newark). I hit one of each of these (Acme, Food Lion, Safeway, Superfresh, Pathmark, Giant) and none of the others had it.

I just read your other post more carefully, and now I think I understand the other component--Philadelphia Coke is NOT doing a sugar base? I know the packaging I found was still HFCS. Does that mean I have to hoof it down to this mysterious "small three-town area" you've discussed, haha? (Middletown/Odessa/Townsend, obviously).

I guess maybe I'll start making some calls to know for sure, it'd be a bummer to make the trip and find out it didn't arrive just yet.

drpep
07-23-2010, 11:45 PM
PieHole, make the trip. If you call any stores they will have NO clue what you are asking about. If someone has just a bit of understanding what you want they probably won't get the sugar/no sugar part correct. I feel safe saying if they have the sugar version they'll tell you no and if the don't they'll say yes they do. More than likely the answer will be "Yes, we do have Dr Pepper. There's a red box and white box".

Mr Zabe
07-24-2010, 01:49 AM
Well said.

fusion
07-24-2010, 07:32 AM
Fusion,

I did a little northern Delaware trolling, and the only chain to have the anniversary packaging this week was Shop Rite (Route 4, Newark). I hit one of each of these (Acme, Food Lion, Safeway, Superfresh, Pathmark, Giant) and none of the others had it.

I just read your other post more carefully, and now I think I understand the other component--Philadelphia Coke is NOT doing a sugar base? I know the packaging I found was still HFCS. Does that mean I have to hoof it down to this mysterious "small three-town area" you've discussed, haha? (Middletown/Odessa/Townsend, obviously).

I guess maybe I'll start making some calls to know for sure, it'd be a bummer to make the trip and find out it didn't arrive just yet.

I saw it at the Shop-Rite as well, and I've seen a few stragglers at some c-stores. No 20oz, it's still all Iron Man.

I don't think that the Philadelphia or Moorestown plants can run sugar. If they were selling it, they'd get it from Elmsford.

The Giant, Acme, and Wal-Mart in Middletown are showing up as voids (meaning it hasn't been delivered there) according to the info I've seen. Honestly, you'd probably be best off calling the Easton MD CCE warehouse and ask if they're even carrying it. They get all their Dr Pepper from NY, since that's the closest place that CCE produces it.

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
07-24-2010, 11:11 AM
No 20oz yet, haven't checked for 12 packs recently. Maspeth (KM) is doing sugar.

UncleBob
07-24-2010, 09:19 PM
A bit of a cross-post, but I think it's approprate.
Fresh off the truck today. Southern Illinois, Walmart:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/TheUncleBob/134984358-7890acd61be15c8e8551f0578271c0234c4b8588-full.jpg

I saw the Pepsi dude stocking the shelves and I asked if he knew when I could expect Throwback to show up. He's like "Soon. There's supposed to be some on the truck that came in today. They're unloading it now."

Next thing I know, I've got Throwback! Whoo!

Tom Servo
07-27-2010, 06:20 PM
What a pleasant surprise. I haven't been keeping up with bev news lately, so it was great to stumble upon the Dr Pepper anniversary stuff today. And even better seeing that throwback Pepsi will be making the rounds again.

The anniversary DP was at the Supervalu in Winona, Mississippi. I've also started seeing Mello Yello, but only in 24 packs, and only at my local Wal-Mart Supercenter.

I'd love to try some MY, but I want a cold bottle or can first before I spring for the whole case.

In unrelated news, Cherry RC Cola has expanded beyond Cleveland, Mississippi and is now in the Wal-Marts in Batesville, Grenada and Greenwood, MS.

Themaster73
07-28-2010, 01:21 AM
In some NYC stores, all of the newer 12 pack DP supply is 'Made With Real Sugar'

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
07-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Is this supposed to fill in for regular DP or just a side product? I ask this as I saw a fresh non-Iron Man regular 12 pack just yesterday.

Themaster73
07-29-2010, 03:19 AM
Is this supposed to fill in for regular DP or just a side product? I ask this as I saw a fresh non-Iron Man regular 12 pack just yesterday.

Depends on the store, one supermarket had problems scanning the DP with real sugar, so it is likely they just got that in place of regular DP like how KP Coke comes in place of regular Coke.

I saw about 14 12 packs of DP with real sugar, about 8 of them on a special sale display with Seagrams and other Coke products

fusion
07-29-2010, 06:22 AM
Perhaps, but with KP/non-KP Coke, the UPCs are identical. With DP, the UPCs are different. The one for the real sugar is the same as Heritage, though.

The real sugar 12 packs are supposed to be featured on their own display, and not off the shelf, but that isn't always a reality. If it's included in the sale, it would make sense to add it to the sale display, imho.

rv65
07-31-2010, 12:08 AM
This product is impossible to find in area SD. I guess we aren't getting it :(.

UncleBob
07-31-2010, 12:46 AM
Pepsi's Twitter account says Throwback product is expected in stores on the first - perhaps you'll find some next week (assuming you're in a Peps-DP area)

Mr Zabe
07-31-2010, 01:12 PM
I spoke with a DP route guy via the cell phone (long story)
this morning. He had no clue about the roll out of
DP w/sugar. Actually he did not even know that DP w/sugar
existed. Strange....Has anyone in the Chicago market seen it yet?

jacksmom
07-31-2010, 02:36 PM
I saw DP with sugar for the first time in 12-packs here in our local Smith's store (Utah). I did not pick one up, unfortunately (I always stick to only items on my list), so I'll have to mark it down for next time! :)

Jim.
07-31-2010, 11:56 PM
I've seen nothing here in Chicagoland.

doug1885
08-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Has anyone tried the new 125th Anniversary Dr Pepper (with Real Sugar) using the classic "hot" recipe? (i.e. gently warm it, and pour over a fresh lemon slice in a mug :-)) In the past, my experience has been that sucrose-based Dr Pepper is MUCH better for this purpose than the HFCS variety.

-Doug

Jim.
08-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Has anyone tried the new 125th Anniversary Dr Pepper (with Real Sugar) using the classic "hot" recipe? (i.e. gently warm it, and pour over a fresh lemon slice in a mug :-)) In the past, my experience has been that sucrose-based Dr Pepper is MUCH better for this purpose than the HFCS variety.

-Doug
That sounds absolutely horrendous.

Tannerman
08-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Has anyone in the Chicago market seen it yet?

Also confirming a "no" for Chicago so far.

PepsiPete
08-02-2010, 10:29 PM
...ok gang, so far we've got zip in the Olympia WA area - any news to the contrary??

Android
08-02-2010, 10:57 PM
The SE corner of Wyoming has Coke distributing Dr Pepper (here up further north it's Pepsi) but yesterday I was in Cheyenne and looked - and they did have the Coke-canned Anniversary Dr Pepper. I've had 2 cans so far - pretty good. Maybe I should buy some Pepsi-produced Heritage (still on the shelves here in Douglas) and compare.

Wally1912
08-03-2010, 01:10 PM

I still haven't seen any in the Boston, MA area yet.

Dewman1979
08-04-2010, 04:09 AM
...ok gang, so far we've got zip in the Olympia WA area - any news to the contrary??

Puyallup walmart had all three.(Pepsi, MD, DP) in bottles. And arou here(Des Moines) it's sold in 12 packs.

melmaceon
08-04-2010, 01:24 PM
I live in California, near San Francisco, and have been searching for the anniversary Dr. Pepper. I just found out I live in a Pepsi bottling area... Can someone tell me where the closest Coke bottling plant for Dr. Pepper is? Thank you.

(Mountain View, CA, 94041)

fusion
08-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Probably about 3 hours+ in either direction (north/south), and no guarantee that they'll even have it.

Tripp
08-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Found it in Northern Phoenix, with real sugar as well.

markbev
08-08-2010, 12:22 PM
WARNING WARNING WARNING

I found this with real sugar in the Rockwell MD area. 20oz cold, and One 12pk amongst Pepsi-distributed DP. The pepsi distributed 12pks were 3.29 or 5/12$. The CCE distributed one rang up $5.99. The SKU rang up DP Heritage Edition which used to be a Pepsi only UPC. Weird that a store would carry both.

I was already 5hrs from home, so I drove further and near Hagerstown MD and Leesburg VA I spotted many big anniversary displays. I bought 6 or 7 12pks. I was psyched because I had collected 5 of the 7 commemorative cans in only 1 days time. It did seem strange that these cases had no expiration date, just a code on the bottom. I chalked it up to it being a different distributor/area.

Yesterday I opened a frosty cold anniversary edition DP. No 23 flavors, no great crisp taste. Looked at the label. HCFS. WTF?

Yes, I got scammed. The little made with real sugar logo is visibly absent from the can and the 12pks. I read the press releases saying special 125th anniversary with real sugar and had no idea DP would be dumb enough to allow HFCS packaging as well. Reading this forum there was a minor mention of this but not enough to really prevent me from wasting $25 on this HFCS garbage. These were packaged by RC cola, and it says so below the ingredients label on each can for what it's worth.

PS Cranberry Twp and Grove City PA are the stores furthest north of Pittsburgh that seem to carry this with real sugar (Pittsburgh PA Coca Cola area). Further north of that gets you a Pepsi distribution area. No go in Cleveland and Buffalo.

sodafinderfl
08-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Here in Orlando, I have found Dr. Pepper 125TH Anniv. Edition with sugar at Hess Gas stations in 12 packs, these are the packs with the 6 different can versions. Currently Hess is running a special on the Dr. Pepper as well as Pepsi and MD TB III, 2 12 packs for $5.00

PepsiPete
08-08-2010, 05:01 PM
with both the Throwbacks... hallelujah:D!!

drpep
08-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Don't know about Buffalo but the Rochester area has the sugar version.

There are six cans not seven.

Irishpepsi04
08-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Saw it here in the Buffalo area, in Niagara County and bought it. It was canned by Epic Enterprises of Ayer, Mass. and the package shows 6 different cans and it comes with real sugar. Even though Dr Pepper in Buffalo area is Pepsi, imagine that.

Dewman1979
08-11-2010, 05:05 PM
with both the Throwbacks... hallelujah:D!!

You mean, you just now found them...

rv65
08-11-2010, 11:48 PM
I've found the 20 oz in a gas station in Clearwater, MN. Up further north in the Parkers Prairie-Miltona-Alexandria, MN area, you can't get it as Coke makes their DP.

fusion
08-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Saw it here in the Buffalo area, in Niagara County and bought it. It was canned by Epic Enterprises of Ayer, Mass. and the package shows 6 different cans and it comes with real sugar. Even though Dr Pepper in Buffalo area is Pepsi, imagine that.

Epic is a Pepsi bottling co-operative, so it makes sense.

mjb1124
08-13-2010, 12:04 AM
So far it's only been seen in 12-packs over here. But I found a couple 7-Eleven's that were selling the cans individually. (If only they'd do the same with the Cherry RC 12-packs I found at the nearby Walmart.) And unless the information on the cans was false, they definitely had real sugar.

Compared to regular DP, it seemed a bit less syrupy and perhaps had a bit less bite, but it wasn't that significant of a difference. It definitely tasted better than the Heritage DP I had in Florida, but it still wasn't something I'd go out of my way to choose over regular DP. I'm glad I didn't end up buying an entire 12-pack. But then again, DP isn't really one of my favorite flavors anyhow, and I don't usually buy non-diet soda in large quantities unless it's for a social gathering, so don't let my review deter you.

Wally1912
08-15-2010, 04:43 PM
I finally found some Dr Pepper 125th Anniversary cans at a Shaw's in Weymouth, MA. It was produced with real sugar by Coca-Cola Enterprises in Elmsford, NY.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4077/4895053066_7a02e83f3e_z.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4097/4895114924_f37db8b19c_z.jpg

Lastdaysofrain
08-16-2010, 03:45 PM
I finally found some in MA as well. Picked up a few cases at a Market Basket in Reading, MA.

rv65
08-18-2010, 02:24 AM
I've found the 20 oz in a gas station in Clearwater, MN. Up further north in the Parkers Prairie-Miltona-Alexandria, MN area, you can't get it as Coke makes their DP.

I was recently at a convenience store in Parkers Prairie MN, and DP was made by Pepsi, but no sugar DP.

rv65
08-18-2010, 02:25 AM
Still can't find it in San Diego.

amyers
08-20-2010, 08:56 AM
I thought this was funny... the 12pk's of Dr. Pepper from Buffalo Rock now has this special packaging but inside you'll find the Heritage Dr. Pepper from a few months ago w/ fresh dates.

beentodublin
08-26-2010, 04:27 AM
After going 1 for 3 at various Ralphs in the San Diego, found the mother load for the 125 stuff at the one near College and Mont. Bought 8 -12's today.

First few cans I was hoping it tasted similar or was the same as Dublin.

Nope, its not.

bigrich
08-27-2010, 12:49 AM
In Indianapolis we has PAS and they have the sugar version in almost every retailer, I was in Kokomo, IN yesterday and they have WIS-PAK and I could not find any Dr. Pepper or any Throwbacks any place I checked.