PDA

View Full Version : Sun-Drop Bottling of Concord, NC

CitrusCola
07-05-2010, 04:29 PM
I visited Sun-Drop Bottling of Concord recently to see what drinks could be bought there. As you would expect, after the shooting just over a year ago (2 people were killed), their security is tight, but the folks there were very friendly and helpful.

They sell cases of glass-bottled soda from West Jefferson: Sundrop, Diet Sundrop, Red Rock Ginger Ale, Cool Mountain Black Cherry, and Nesbitt Lemonade. They also sell canned Sundrop (regular, diet, CF diet, and cherry-lemon), 16-oz. PET bottles of Sundrop varieties, 20-oz. PET bottles of Sundrop and Choice flavors (Orange, Grape, Strawberry, Peach, and Cherry), and 2-L PET bottles of Sundrop.

I think most (if not all) of their PET bottled drinks come from Choice Beverages in Gastonia. I'm not sure if they still do any bottling in Concord.

King Family Sundrop - Concord, NC (http://drinksundrop.com/)

If anyone is in the area, it's only about 3.5 miles off of I-85. I'd recommend giving them a visit.

fusion
07-05-2010, 09:41 PM
I was there (I think) the year before that incident. I was very shocked when I heard about it.

I walked right in and talked to a guy in the office for quite a while. They had just recently quit producing everything except for Sundrop syrup, which he wouldn't sell to me. I did buy a t-shirt, though. He was very friendly, and shared a lot of neat info.

They do indeed buy mostly from Choice USA (code GS).

Was the old broken down white Sundrop sideload truck still there?

CitrusCola
07-06-2010, 07:17 AM
The "monster" truck shown on the left of their web page was there. It was in a fenced-in area behind their parking area. There were quite a few older delivery trucks farther back, but I could not see them clearly. As I said, their security is very tight. Just to get into the lobby, you have to use an intercom to let them know why you're there.

I noticed that several of the forklifts that they were using had dual Sundrop/7Up decals on them. I'd like to have one of those decals.