PDA

View Full Version : WJDP Mountain Dew vs Mountain Dew Throwback

Themaster73
07-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Has anyone tasted both of these Mountain Dews (West Jefferson Dr Pepper Mountain Dew and Mountain Dew Throwback) with sugar?

If so, is there any difference in taste? Which one do you think is better?

oz999
08-04-2010, 04:57 AM
Someday I'll pay $10+ to ship a bottle out here from one of the ebay guys and let you know.

CitrusCola
08-04-2010, 02:09 PM
My wife and kids say that the WJ Mountain Dew is better. The kids do like the hillbilly logo, however.

Themaster73
08-05-2010, 01:30 AM
WJDP Mountain Dew CARBONATED WATER, SUGAR, CONCENTRATED ORANGE JUICE, CITRIC ACID, NATURAL FLAVORS, SODIUM BENZOATE (PRESERVES FRESHNESS), CAFFEINE, SODIUM CITRATE, ERYTHORBIC ACID (PRESERVES FRESHNESS), GUM ARABIC, CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA (TO PROTECT FLAVOR), BROMINATED VEGETABLE OIL, YELLOW 5

Mountain Dew Throwback CARBONATED WATER, SUGAR, ORANGE JUICE CONCENTRATE, CITRIC ACID, NATURAL FLAVOR, SODIUM BENZOATE (PRESERVES FRESHNESS), CAFFEINE, SODIUM CITRATE, GUM ARABIC, ERYTHORBIC ACID (PRESERVES FRESHNESS), CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA (TO PROTECT FLAVOR), BROMINATED VEGETABLE OIL, YELLOW 5

doug1885
08-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Has anyone tasted both of these Mountain Dews (West Jefferson Dr Pepper Mountain Dew and Mountain Dew Throwback) with sugar?

If so, is there any difference in taste? Which one do you think is better?

Both of them have a more "citrusy" flavor than the current (SO-CALLED) "Mountain Dew". From my hazy memory, they seem similar to the classic flavor of a couple of decades ago. The Throwback of last year is a good bit stronger than the West Jefferson formulation, though. So, at this point, I'd recommend the Throwback (although only WJ offers Mtn. Dew in glass bottles, as far as I know). YMMV, IMHO ;-)

-Doug