PDA

View Full Version : Fanta 4-packs / Fanta Strawberry

mjb13
07-06-2010, 11:45 PM
I noticed Fanta Orange and Fanta Grape 4-pack cans started showing up at local supermarkets within the past week or so. I've seen Pepsi / Diet Pepsi / Mountain Dew 4-packs before, but this is new for Coke in my area.

Also, I found Fanta Strawberry (in 4-pack cans) at Walmart. It is from plant KH (East Hartford, CT). Typically we only have Fanta Orange, Grape, and Orange Zero available so Strawberry was a surprise.

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
07-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Eww Strawberry. I always wonder who buys that stuff?
I also saw a HUGE display of Fanta Orange 4 packs(12oz cans) at a local market that has ties to some more mexican commodeties. I think they have a 3 month which started in late June. Shouldn't be hard to sell!

EDIT: I noticed Fanta Strawberry 4 packs the other day.

lordmadone
07-07-2010, 10:18 PM
I heard through the pipelines that these 4pks were supposed to help coke regain market share lost by the increasing volume of crush(Crush market share in our area is far larger then fantas).

fusion
07-07-2010, 11:13 PM
I hadn't heard that one.

Depending on the area of the country, you may see or not see the following in 4 packs:

Fanta Orange
Fanta Grape
Fanta Strawberry
Fanta Pineapple
Barq's Root Beer
Mello Yello
Pibb Xtra

So it's not a promotion focusing solely on Fanta. It's more of a flavor promotion.

We carry orange, orange zero, grape and strawberry in 20oz, 2L, and 12 pack in Maryland. Pineapple in 20oz & 2L. Orange in 24pks.