PDA

View Full Version : Polar / Cro Pac Bottlers Question

Themaster73
07-14-2010, 09:21 PM
Does anyone know if either Polar / Cro Pac bottlers have the ability to use sugar if DPS were to do a sugar version of A&W or RC Cola?

At least Honickman has the ability to do sugar if there was a sugar 7up, Sunkist, Canada Dry, Seagrams, or even Crush. They use sugar in some of these brands during Passover already.

fusion
07-15-2010, 05:40 AM
Good question. I dug around their site, but everything seems to be sweetened with hfcs, not sugar. Closest I could find is their subsidiary Adirondack Beverages - some of the ingredients lists for the products say hfcs and/or sugar.

I didn't know that Honickman made KP DPS products. I remember them making KP Dr. Brown's - a brand they own.

Coke NY used to do KP Seagram's Ale (and Seltzer, but that's not sweetened).

Wally1912
07-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Does anyone know if either Polar / Cro Pac bottlers have the ability to use sugar if DPS were to do a sugar version of A&W or RC Cola?

At least Honickman has the ability to do sugar if there was a sugar 7up, Sunkist, Canada Dry, Seagrams, or even Crush. They use sugar in some of these brands during Passover already.

Polar has been very good about responding to emails in the past. Try writing them here:

customerservice@polarbev.com

Polar does offer a line of cane sugar-sweetened beverages called Polar Classics (http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/bevboard-general/30947-new-polar-classics-premium-cane-sugar.html). They now come in 4-packs (originally 6-packs) of glass longnecks (http://www.packagingdigest.com/article/343198-Classic_sodas_get_retro_bottle.php).

I don't know where the bottling line is as the glass bottles have a different license number than the usual CT 251 on Polar plastic & aluminum containers. I'll have to look at a bottle when I go home and maybe some of you other folks can tell where the line is if I give you the number from the bottle.

Themaster73
07-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Good question. I dug around their site, but everything seems to be sweetened with hfcs, not sugar. Closest I could find is their subsidiary Adirondack Beverages - some of the ingredients lists for the products say hfcs and/or sugar.

I didn't know that Honickman made KP DPS products. I remember them making KP Dr. Brown's - a brand they own.

Coke NY used to do KP Seagram's Ale (and Seltzer, but that's not sweetened).

KP Canada Dry in 6 pack cans and 1 liter bottles
KP Schweppes in 1 liter bottles

I saw only 1L diets with KP on the cap
Also saw a KP 6 pack (regular) that had HFCS incorrectly listed

Didn't see any Schweppes 6 packs with KP on them (it may likely also exist)

Schweppes 1L has High Fructose Corn Syrup and/or Sugar on the bottles year round. KP on the cap is the only way to tell that sugar is being used.

Dr Browns has all the HFCS / Sugar listing variations

Dr Brown's 2 Liters (all year) Sugar and/or High Fructose Corn Syrup
Dr Brown's 6 Pack (some KP) High Fructose Corn Syrup and/or Sugar
Dr Brown's 6 Pack (some KP) Sugar
Dr Brown's 6 Pack (non KP) High Fructose Corn Syrup

drpep
07-15-2010, 08:22 PM
Adirondack Naturals comes in 2 liter bottles and is made with cane sugar.

Wally1912
07-16-2010, 11:01 AM
The license number on the Polar Classics bottles is CT 816. Does that mean anything to anyone here on the boards? Aluminum and plastic containers from Polar's Worcester, MA plant are all CT 251.

fusion
07-17-2010, 12:21 AM
It's Hillside Bottling Corporation in Hillside NJ. Although that license has been reported to have expired in 2009. Hope they're not selling the stuff in CT, they'd get into trouble.

Wally1912
07-23-2010, 12:20 PM
It's Hillside Bottling Corporation in Hillside NJ. Although that license has been reported to have expired in 2009. Hope they're not selling the stuff in CT, they'd get into trouble.

Thank you, fusion. I went to the store today and checked the Polar Classics and the newer stock is from CT 1191. Could you please let us know where this beverage is being produced now?

fusion
07-24-2010, 06:25 AM
Still Hillside, but that license ran out 6/30/10. Wonder why they let the license lapse. CT actually sends people out to check and make sure that products sold in their state have a valid license (they license a lot of different kinds of products), and will impose some sort of penalty if an item doesn't have a proper license.