PDA

View Full Version : Locating WJDP Product in NC

JPRanger
08-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Can anyone tell me if I can find any of their product in the Greensboro/Stokesdale area?

Thanks,

JP

drpep
08-13-2010, 12:42 AM
Do you live there or just visiting? I would check gas stations along 52 or 85. Can you get to Mount Airy? I've bought most of their product, including Dr Pepper and Mtn Dew while in Mt Airy in 2009.

Closer to Charlotte RC, Nehi, SunDrop and Cheerwine are common. 7-up, A&W, and Sunkist were harder to find when I was there this year.

JPRanger
08-13-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm just visiting for a family reunion on Labor Day weekend and would like to bring home a few cases if I can find a place that sells it. I would just drive to West Jefferson but I'm sure they will be closed on Labor Day when I'll be travelling home. I can definitely get to Mt Airy on my way home though.

Thanks for the reply.

JP

drpep
08-13-2010, 04:55 PM
What state are you coming from maybe I can give you a better idea of where you may find some.

JPRanger
08-14-2010, 12:32 AM
Maryland. I'll probably be coming down 95 to 85 on the way down. I wont be in a hurry to get home so I'll probably come back via 81.

drpep
08-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Can't help you going to or around Greensboro but if you do go home via 81 then you will find WJ product. If you have the time to get on Route 52 when you leave Greensboro area and take it to I-81 you will find WJ stuff. The Mayberry Country store in downtown Mount Airy had Dr Pepper and Mountain Dew when I last stopped in fall of 2009. Many small stores and gas stations have the stuff. Just before you get to I-81 in Virginia there is a Food Country USA grocery store that had some WJ stuff as of 7/10. I want to say that's where I found Red Rock Cola but don't hold me to that.
To repeat my previous post the most common flavors you will find are RC, Nehi, Cheerwine and Sundrop. A&W, 7-up, and Sunkist were harder to find in 2010 than in previous trips. I don't recall seeing Welches this year. I was surprised that the Country Store had Dew and DP as they had not in stops from 2003-2008. I'm not even sure WJ DP and Dew are actually allowed to be distributed in that area so you may not see it.

drpep
08-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Oh yea, I've never seen cases. Singles run from .79c-@$1.09. You may get lucky and find six packs but I bet they are going to be in larger supermarkets instead of gas staions. I've only seen RC, Cheerwine and a rare Mt Dew six pack sighting.

JPRanger
08-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm looking forward to the trip home more than the family reunion! LOL!

CitrusCola
08-23-2010, 03:10 PM
I don't know if they'll be open on Labor Day or not, but if you go up US 52, look for a place on your right just after you cross the NC/VA state line in Cana, VA called Virginia-Carolina Produce. The owner of that place used to make regular trips to WJ and buy cases of drinks to sell in his store. I've not been there in a since the summer of '08, but at that time he had Dr Pepper, Red Rock Cola, Orange Crush, Mtn. Dew, and RC Cola.

dyoung
08-26-2010, 01:29 AM
I found some West Jefferson longnecks on sale for $0.99 each yesterday at the Lowes Foods on New Garden Rd. I remember seeing Cheerwine, A&W Root Beer, Sundrop, and several Nehi flavors (Grape, Peach, and Orange). I definitely did not see their RC, Dr. Pepper, or Mtn Dew. They were on a standalone four shelf metal rack near the back end of the soda aisle. I checked at the one in Jamestown (Guilford College Rd) last night and they did not have any. May be a test market thing because the same type racks at the Jamestown Lowes had cans of some unfamiliar energy drink on them.

I tried one of their Sundrop bottles and liked it a lot. Seemed much better and more filling with the cane sugar than the HFCS I am used to. First time trying one of their sodas. Wished I had known about them a few years ago when I passed through the Jefferson area a few times.

drpep
09-09-2010, 06:41 PM
So...how'd it go?

JPRanger
09-13-2010, 11:37 PM
Unfortunately I didnt get to go because my truck was in the shop longer than expected. Looks like I'll be making a trip to West Jefferson sometime soon. :)