PDA

View Full Version : Went way north in NH

cokeman19
08-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Stopped at a rest area in northern NH and noticed they sold Moxie in 20 oz bottles.

A C-store had 16 oz Coke cans that i have never seen before that looked real nice. they also had plastic bottles of coke for.99. They had vault instead of mello yello. The guy that was filling the vending machine said moxie tasted like medicine so i didn't try it.

Moxie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moxie)

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
08-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Ha I'm going up to NH in two days!
I found a can at a old fashioned store and when I went to buy it the checkout girl said, "Are you sure you want to buy that?". I still got it and well...it smelled fine! Then it was like the guy said medicine tasting..
I'm think I'm going to drink another one for the hell of it!

fusion
08-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Moxie is owned by Cornucopia Beverages, which is a subsidiary of Coca-Cola Northern New England. I've never had it myself, but people always say it tastes like medicine.

Abarta Coke down here buys from CCNNE, and they have the 16oz cans as well.

drpep
08-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Moxie tastes nothing like medicine. It tastes like creosote. Anyone on this board who has never tried it needs to, then buy another can to have friends or family try.

BottleBoss
08-16-2010, 07:15 AM
Moxie doesn't taste too bad when it is cold. I kind of like it. I love the taste of a fresh rail road tie. MMMmmmmmmm. Good.

24 Pepsi Max Flame Fan
08-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Saw those 16oz cans you saw cokeman.
Coke has Sunkist orange and cherry limeade in NH, yet they also have Fanta grape!
No MY in NH, both Vault varieties still strong shelf space in most c-stores.
I saw much, much more but I'm crapped out lol.

esw01407
09-01-2010, 10:02 PM
I live close to one of the six bottlers (Catawissa Bottling Company) and the closest way to sum up Moxie, the one time I had it, was busting a gut might be more present. Pure medicine taste.