PDA

View Full Version : New energy shot with 42 grams of protein

scum1
08-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Yes I said shot. I just got my hands on some. It is 2.9 oz. Not sure how they did it. I have not reviewed it yet but i tried one and it is super thick and smells like a bottle of amino acids. Anyone ever seen a shot with this much protein?

greg
08-19-2010, 03:53 PM
I cant believe you are holding back on me!!!! Send me some info bro!!! LOL.
G

scum1
08-19-2010, 05:08 PM
New this would get your attention Greg.
https://provitaenergy.com/main/home.php

They have 4 different shots. Not sure of the caffeine content. I will be trying the "Chill" shot tonight after the gym. Let me know what you think after you read up on theses shots some.

greg
08-20-2010, 08:33 AM
A quick read on their website and I found that the make up of their "energy blend" is roughly 90% taurine and 10% caffeine. However, and it is somewaht confusing, it also shows L-Tryptophan as part of their energy blend. That doesnt make sense to me. Perhaps I am just reading the label wrong.
At any rate, the Energy Blend is 1194mg so approximately 200mg of caffeine.

So whats your verdict? Is it thick? Even though Hydrolyzed I think 42g of protein in a shot is alot. And with that mauch Taurine and caffeine I am also wondering if it might taste a bit "herbal".

I'm gonna give these a shot ( no pun intended).

scum1
08-20-2010, 10:42 AM
I saw the tryptophan as well and thought it was strange. They would not tell me how much caffeine was it it beyond the "cup of coffee bit". 200 mg sound about right for the kick of energy I got. It is very thick and the taste while not delicious I have had worse. It is kind of a cherry with a real tart finish. It was a little herbal but it did not have the yogurt taste I usually associate with protein type drinks.

boodoo
08-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Brought to you by the same genious behind BooKoo.....