PDA

View Full Version : Lime Crush is here!

Susan
09-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Hello!

I went into Food Maxx yesterday to get a few things. I glanced over at the long soda aisle and right away I saw the Crush display but this time it looked a bit different. Yes, there were green 12 packs!

Indeed it was Lime Crush and I wasted no time throwing a couple 12 packs in my basket. Then when I was at the check stand I noticed they had ice cold 20 oz. plastic bottle of Lime Crush in the little fridge so I grabbed one of those and as soon as I got in the car I popped it open.

I also had a can of it later before I went to bed. I enjoyed it out of the can much better. I think it's a really good, refreshing drink and a great looking can! I wish it was a little more tart but all in all a very good drink.

Let's see where it ranks on my Crush list...

1. Peach Crush
2. Cherry Crush
3. Strawberry Crush
4. Lime Crush
5. Pineapple Crush
6. Orange Crush
7. Grape Crush
8. Diet Orange Crush
9. Tropical Punch Crush
10. Cream Crush

I was watching an old Andy Griffith Show the other day and Floyd the barber mentioned that he had just drank a Nectarine Crush. I wonder if that was really a flavor at one point?

UncleBob
09-09-2010, 04:10 PM
I was watching an old Andy Griffith Show the other day and Floyd the barber mentioned that he had just drank a Nectarine Crush. I wonder if that was really a flavor at one point?

Not listed in Wiki...
Crush (beverage) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crush_%28beverage%29)

SodaFan16
09-09-2010, 07:29 PM
I saw it in 12 packs yesterday, but didn't pick any up.

I really am interested in trying it soon though, especially if it's cold.

BronzeGiant
09-14-2010, 07:22 PM
I got it at a Village Pantry in Indianapolis the other day, it's tasty.

Steve

Tannerman
09-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Frankly, I wasn't too impressed with Crush Lime.

http://www.bevreview.com/wp-content/image_crush_lime1.jpg (http://www.bevreview.com/2010/09/15/crush-lime/)

It tastes fake and syrupy (http://www.bevreview.com/2010/09/15/crush-lime/). It reminds me of one of those frozen ice pops you find in the plastic tubes. Just melt a lime-flavored one and you've got Crush Lime. I'm not sure how the U.S. version stacks up to the type they have in Canada, but I was unimpressed.

jacksmom
09-15-2010, 11:40 AM

http://www.bevreview.com/wp-content/image_crush_lime1.jpg (http://www.bevreview.com/2010/09/15/crush-lime/)

It tastes fake and syrupy (http://www.bevreview.com/2010/09/15/crush-lime/). It reminds me of one of those frozen ice pops you find in the plastic tubes. Just melt a lime-flavored one and you've got Crush Lime. I'm not sure how the U.S. version stacks up to the type they have in Canada, but I was unimpressed.

I read your review - so disappointing. I'm still hoping to try some. Between this and Mtn. Dew Distortion, I can't figure out why it's so hard to make a good tasting lime drink, although I have yet to try the Sunkist Citrus Fusion (hoping that comes out here soon). Good review though!

SodaFan16
09-15-2010, 04:43 PM

Thanks for the review, makes me feel better for not buying some. :D

Dewman1979
09-16-2010, 03:59 AM
Tried it. will drink it again down the road...but never will I buy a 12 pack.

jimsmith117
09-16-2010, 08:26 AM
I did buy a 12 pack.I can drink it, but I am not very impressed with it.I did love lime Coke, wish it was still around.

SodaFan16
09-16-2010, 07:29 PM
I did buy a 12 pack.I can drink it, but I am not very impressed with it.I did love lime Coke, wish it was still around.

I see Lime Coke everywhere here.

fusion
09-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Maybe in your dreams, it was discontinued at least four years ago.

I miss it too. Abarta Coke even had a sucrose version - that stuff was awesome.

drpep
09-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Maybe he meant Diet Coke with Lime.

SodaFan16
09-17-2010, 07:04 PM
Maybe in your dreams, it was discontinued at least four years ago.

I miss it too. Abarta Coke even had a sucrose version - that stuff was awesome.

I mean Diet Coke with Lime.

SodaFan16
09-17-2010, 07:05 PM
Maybe he meant Diet Coke with Lime.

Yup, I did. Thanks.

BronzeGiant
09-20-2010, 06:22 PM
It reminds me of one of those frozen ice pops you find in the plastic tubes. Just melt a lime-flavored one and you've got Crush Lime.

Funny, that's EXACTLY the flavor I've been looking for ever since Gatorade killed Fierce Lime. This beverage delivers that flavor and I'm tickled that it does. I choose it over any of the other drinks where it's offered. Call me easy to please but I hope it stays around a while.

Steve

Acheron
09-21-2010, 02:25 AM
I still prefer Sunkist Citrus Fusion and Baja Blast to Lime Crush, which I find to be somewhat unremarkable. I'm especially disappointed considering how awesome Cherry Crush is.

mofizz
09-21-2010, 11:55 AM
I tried Lime Crush last night and actually kinda liked it. It's not overwhelming like Cherry Crush and does not have the bite Sun-Drop (both of which are awsome drinks). I thought it was smooth and very "lime" but in a positive way.

Dewman1979
09-21-2010, 04:14 PM
I wish Sun Drop were sold in half-racks.

SodaFan16
09-21-2010, 09:39 PM
I still prefer Sunkist Citrus Fusion and Baja Blast to Lime Crush, which I find to be somewhat unremarkable. I'm especially disappointed considering how awesome Cherry Crush is.

I love Cherry Crush, I have some cans in the fridge right now. :D

Dewman1979
09-22-2010, 04:52 AM

I want to try citrus fusion....since I think solar fusion is outstanding.

doulasc
10-03-2010, 01:47 PM
It is sort of like Sprite with only the Lime flavor.It is smooth and not overly sweet.

Dewman1979
10-05-2010, 06:04 AM
I no longer have any interest in it. I guess the best way to describe it is 'boring".

Unlike Cherry.

mello yello
10-12-2010, 02:09 PM
i finally found some in the philly area. i really like it. it is smoother than other lime drinks out there. but perhaps not sharp lime enough for people who prefer lime taste to lime flavor. i like it better than cherry crush. it is a little like dnL-- without the caffeine.

jacksmom
10-12-2010, 02:42 PM
I love it, love it, love it! We found some in California on our vacation and I stocked up - it's my new favorite drink! I can't understand why everyone thinks it's just blah - oh well! :)

Mr Zabe
10-12-2010, 04:25 PM
I love it, love it, love it! We found some in California on our vacation and I stocked up - it's my new favorite drink! I can't understand why everyone thinks it's just blah - oh well! :) Have you tried the new 7up crisper formula?
I think you might enjoy it too.

jacksmom
10-12-2010, 07:28 PM
I'll be sure and try it - I didn't realize the new 7Up formula was that different. I usually just get Cherry 7Up or, lately, the Pomegranate 7Up.

Mr Zabe
10-12-2010, 11:24 PM
IMO the new 7up has a very bright lime note that over states the lemon
flavor. I have been enjoying it much more than the prior formula. I have a gut feeling
that you will go ga ga (not the lady LOL) over it. :)

davidwillson
10-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Tried it. will drink it again down the road...but never will I buy a 12 pack.

whotony
10-22-2010, 11:53 PM
Fusion, if you see the Lime Crush let us know here. I found it at Brandywine Target a month ago and havent seen it since.

I need some more.

Susan
10-24-2010, 08:39 PM
I heard it will be gone after Halloween so I just bought fifteen 12 packs of it today.

jacksmom
10-25-2010, 11:42 AM
I heard it will be gone after Halloween so I just bought fifteen 12 packs of it today.

LOL - I did the same thing, except I think I only have ten 12 packs on hand right now! :)

doulasc
10-25-2010, 12:40 PM
My giant eagle had lots of Lime Crush a week ago only in 12 pack cans and now the stock is dwindling.Has any one seen Lime Crush in 2 liter or single 20 oz plastic bottles?

jacksmom
10-25-2010, 03:44 PM
We have 2 liter and 20 oz. bottles here, along with the 12 packs, though I doubt that will help you out much in Ohio (I'm in Utah). Sorry. :(

xmalicex
11-13-2010, 10:59 PM
I tried the Lime Crush and was seriously disappointed. The best lime soda I tasted was from Filbert's Old-Time Sodas in Chicago.

SodaFan16
11-13-2010, 11:50 PM
Just bought two 2-liters of Lime Crush a couple of days ago, will try it and review it later this week.

Dewman1979
11-14-2010, 05:53 PM
hopefully when this stuff goes away, they can come out with a flavor that isn't boring.

ocanada99
07-28-2011, 09:08 AM
I can assure you that the US version of lime Crush is absolutely nothing like the Canadian version. I grew up in Canada and was hooked on this stuff. For almost 20 years living in the states, I had been hoping it would be available down here.

Then came the "angelic choir" moment one day in an Indianapolis gas station there sat a row of Crush lime. I nearly wet myself with excitement but pulled myself together and purchased the entire row. FINALLY after all of those years, I get to pop the top and enjoy my lime Crush. And then,....nothing. No fireworks, no familiar taste, no nothing. It was completely different. It's color is different, the flavour is not even something you would recognize as being the same company. It wasn't horrible, but it was NOT Lime Crush.

I have heard they use high fructose corn syrup in the US version. I am not sure what the ingredient in Canada is, but whatever small ingredient change was made, was poorly made.

I am planning on making a 300 mile trip to Windsor, On to snag as many as I can then head 300 miles back home. Canadian Lime Crush baby. It is worth it.

ScottyLibido
07-28-2011, 07:28 PM
I am planning on making a 300 mile trip to Windsor, On to snag as many as I can then head 300 miles back home. Canadian Lime Crush baby. It is worth it.

Where are you coming up from? I live in Windsor and maybe we could make some sort of trade? You know that it is only available in 591ml 20oz bottles right? If you interested, lemme know

Susan
08-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Any suggestions? I'd kind of like to see a Crush Cola or a Dr. Crush. Possibly Black Cherry Crush.

drpep
08-03-2011, 12:49 AM
Dr Pepper Snapple owns Crush so I doubt there will ever be
a Dr. Crush.