PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about your Energy drink use. Help with a college research project!!!!!!!

SBCC Biosci
11-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Hey guys. My name is Andrew and I am a freshamn at Santa Barbara City College. Im doing a research project on energy drink use, specificly in college students. Tell me about your energy drink preferences, reasons for using them, side effects, how often you use them, and any other material related to the topic you would like to share. Thanks so much for the help!

SBCC Biosci
11-03-2010, 12:30 AM
Personally I really enjoy energy drinks. Ive tried quite a few different kinds and perfur Red Bull or Rosckstar Recovery (Lemonade). The rockstar recovery is nice since it has about 5 grams of sugar. :D

SodaFan16
11-03-2010, 06:08 PM
I love energy drinks, but I rarely drink them. Lately it's been once a month..

I like Zero Carb Rockstar, Sugar Free Amp, the Regular Amp and Rockstars, and Monster Absolutely Zero.

RootJack
11-04-2010, 11:10 AM
How many people on this board still qualify as college students? :D

You might have better luck around campus, fraternities, local college pubs, athletic events, etc. Maybe wait until a night or 2 before finals and check the library to see who is cramming for a test.

Many drink energy drinks for the quick boost or to stay awake, like drinking a cup of coffee (with less caffeine per ounce normally). There is also the cool factor. Red Bull, as an example, gained popularity as a mixer. Sadly, for most drinks, flavor is tertiary.

Most side effects are standard for caffeine and sometimes sugar. Folks burn out eventually and headaches are common for some. Nothing like staying up all night studying only to pass out during the test.

Personally I have used our drink as a meal substitute. Working conventions I can stand there all day drinking RootJack, and not take a single break; and still feel just fine when it is all said and done. Of course RootJack has a ton of calories, like any good orange, vanilla, root beer should. So it is a bit more filling that most.

I am no college student, but maybe you can put together a check list and go around campus asking, and hopefully you will get honest answers.

Mike Spiker
11-11-2010, 12:35 AM
I've been giving them away to my friends at work, church, chess club and at a local homebuilder's association. I understand that if I don't market them commercially, no regulations apply. Honestly, I've been getting lots of interested. Contains nothing more than caffein, Nerds & water. But awfully high carbonation - upwards of 8-volumes co2. I think its the high level of carbonation people like. The co2 in these babies is off the chart.

Suppose I wanted to market it? Any ideas?

SBCC Biosci
11-11-2010, 06:56 PM
As far as I have seen, even big companys like Red Bull are not under supervision of hte FDA. how they get areound it I dont know. Can I ask, who have you found as your biggest customers? as far as age range goes.

Mike Spiker
11-11-2010, 08:54 PM
As far as I have seen, even big companys like Red Bull are not under supervision of hte FDA. how they get areound it I dont know. Can I ask, who have you found as your biggest customers? as far as age range goes.

I've just been giving it away. I wanted 2C what people thought. PLUS, I didn't have thousands of bucks to pay a copacker/bottler for high overhead small runs. So I carbonated my own with the Fizz Giz - a great tool for bevco startups doing carbonated products. Extremely accurate control on co2 injections (2 volumes, 3 volumes, 4 volumes - up to 8 volumes) without multi-million dollar fill lines. Damned convenient if you ask me.

greg
11-15-2010, 02:30 PM

The FTC would monitor/regulate any marketing that RB does. The FDA regulates the ingredient profile.

Zephyr4434
11-29-2010, 10:03 PM
I like to use them mainly for studying for exams and if I need to pull all nighters or plan on staying out late. I actually energy shots because they don't cause crashes and use them about 4 times a month.