PDA

View Full Version : It does Exist!! - Welch's Peach Soda - pic

ilikesoda
11-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Found on a recent trip to DC

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/db1278/peachjpg.jpg

SodaFan16
11-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the picture, I want to try it. I'm a big peach fan.

Susan
11-03-2010, 10:19 PM
OMG! I've got to get my hands on one of these!

jerr2429
11-07-2010, 08:00 AM
what store did u get there at

ilikesoda
11-08-2010, 08:50 PM
At the Exxon in Silver Spring, MD on 8384 Colesville Rd. It's about 50 yards from the DC border. I can't remember the bottler but it was from Baltimore, MD.

Susan
11-09-2010, 09:35 PM
And now the real question, how does it compare with other peach sodas? In my book, Peach Crush, crushes the competition.

Mike Spiker
11-11-2010, 12:08 AM
Anybody with a bottle, pls get location of bottler & post 4 the rest of us 2C.
Thanks.

ilikesoda
11-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Welch's peach blows peach crush away. It is by far the best peach i've had. I've had crush, sunkist, nehi, fanta, chek, but nothing beats welch's. If I had to put them in order of best to worst: Welch's, Crush, Sunkist, Chek, Fanta - NEHI is in it's own category since I always felt it had a unique taste not like the others.

Any other mainstream peaches out there?

Susan
11-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Welch's peach blows peach crush away.
Any other mainstream peaches out there?

Blasphemy! :p

ilikesoda
11-15-2010, 12:29 AM
LOL, don't get me wrong Susan, I do love peach crush. I have a case of peach crush sitting downstairs. but......I don't know whether it's the challenge in attaining it, or if it is just genuinely better, but I salivate over welch's peach. In the same way that welch's grape just has that unique taste that makes it my favorite grape soda, this does the same. Consequently, welch's fruit punch is my favorite fruit punch soda, along with shasta tiki punch.... mmmm tiki punch. The only welch's ive never tried is pineapple. Anyone know where I can get it, or anyone have a pic of it. I've never even seen it.

Susan
11-15-2010, 01:16 AM
I totally agree about the Welch's Fruit Punch Soda. It's heavenly! Around here all we get is Grape and Strawberry. *Yawn* I wonder if they ever made Welch's Cherry?

wonkapete
11-15-2010, 05:15 PM
I wish Welch's would bring back Apple. That was my favorite when I was a kid. Best stuff on Earth.

ilikesoda
11-20-2010, 09:12 PM
Not sure about the Cherry, i've heard that at one point sunkist made a cherry (not the cherry-limeade they have now). But Wonkapete, i can honestly say i've never heard of Welch's apple but it sounds like it would be out of this world, and if there is anyone, and I mean anyone that I can think of that might have one lying around, it would be you. Do you have a pic of one? pretty please?

PS, i'm still very jealous of your 7up gold. I still remember the taste of that when I bought it back in the 80's.

fusion
11-22-2010, 03:47 AM
Welch's Peach is distributed by Canada Dry-Potomac, which is a subsidiary of Honickman. Their territory mainly covers central Maryland, northern VA, and I believe the Richmond area southward (old RC Chicago territory). The production plant is called Beverage Capital, and is located in Baltimore.

They are one of the last ones to sell 6 packs of 20oz bottles, though they do sell 6 packs of 16.9oz bottles (much less variety) in some chains - bought from DPS-Columbus OH.

Off the top of my head, the two big chains in the Baltimore area that still carry the 20oz 6pks are Giant and Mars. Mars carries a much deeper selection, though they have fewer locations. I can't remember if they still sell the Peach as 6 packs or not.

They do go on sale at Mars, sometimes 5 6 packs for $10, which is an awesome deal - 30 bottles for $10, or about 35.3 a bottle (with tax).

The Welch's flavors (as of 2003, the last time the upc file was updated) are Grape, Pineapple, Peach, Fruit Punch, and Strawberry. CD-Potomac also has the Grape, and I think they do or used to have the Strawberry. No Fruit Punch or Pineapple, though. They have Sunkist Fruit Punch, and I don't think they have a pineapple soda.

Susan
11-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Was there ever Welch's Orange Soda? I could have swore I seen some at one point.

wonkapete
12-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Yes Susan, there was Strawberry, Orange, Apple, Grape, and even Root Beer!

jerr2429
12-01-2010, 03:01 PM
just wondering what other subsidiaries of Honickman are there where i live its davis beverage.