PDA

View Full Version : Heart health

cbax
11-19-2010, 06:38 AM
Hi

As I'm non-US, can some more enlightened people here tell me whether there are drinks that are available to combat blood flow or help with heart health?

I'm aware that there's a new ingredient coming out of the Netherlands called Fruitflow that does just this but wonder if it's in any drinks products or if anyone has heard that it is to be included in any new or existing brands. Is there any other product in the US that is called anything similar to fruitflow?

Thanks in advance

Chris

fusion
11-22-2010, 03:28 AM
There are plenty out there.

There are versions of orange juice that contain plant sterols, which can aid in lowering LDL/"bad" cholesterol, and may reduce the risk of heart disease.

Odwalla (Coca-Cola) just came out with a fruit smoothie drink with plant sterols as well.

A new Vitaminwater Zero flavor should be out by the end of this month that claims to help with supporting a normal heart rate.

cbax
11-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Thanks for your reply, fusion. I'm just trying to ascertain what kind of impact this new product may have in the US marketplace. The ingredient is colourless, tasteless and odourless and completely natural. It helps platelet aggregation and, in so doing, is highly beneficial to blood flow and hence heart health.

It has been in many trials and has performed well against aspirin, but without the stomach bleeds that occur there. It is also combats DVT effectively.

So with this in mind, I'm wondering whether it may be taken up by a US drinks company to include in one of their drinks or formulate a new brand and if there is enough of a USP to warrant it.