PDA

View Full Version : Lime sodas

CitrusCola
11-23-2010, 02:49 PM
On a recent visit to SW Virginia, I found a couple of lime sodas: Lime Crush (which I've not been able to find around my home) and Diet Green River. The kids loved the Lime Crush, and I really enjoyed the Diet Green River. I'm surprised that lime sodas like these aren't more popular.

treetoptom
11-23-2010, 10:22 PM
I think Jarritos makes the best lime soda - very refreshing without being overly sweet. Much better than either the Stewart's Key Lime soda or the Lime Crush, IMHO.

Acheron
11-26-2010, 10:02 AM
I concur. Lime Jarritos is simply wonderful.

Lime Crush is, much to my disappointment, total crap. IMO, easily the worst product in the Crush line (that I've tried, anyway).

CitrusCola
11-26-2010, 07:47 PM
I forgot to mention, I also found Sunkist Citrus Fusion on this trip. It's listed as a "lime citrus" soda. I've not tried it yet.

fusion
11-26-2010, 10:41 PM
There's also Canada Dry Lime (not ginger ale) which is available in southern NJ, Philadelphia metro, northern DE, and a bit of eastern MD. I haven't had any in a while, so I don't remember exactly how it tastes. I do know that I remember liking it better than Lime Crush.

Here's a pic of their full lineup of flavors. Vanilla cream is also available in a bit of wider area, like central MD, parts of VA, etc. There is also a cherry soda, but it's only in 2L.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/garya/cdry-flavor20oz.jpg

If anyone's ever going up/down I-95 and passing through Delaware, shoot me a PM, I can give you directions to a deli that sells these (that's where I took the pic). It's about a 10 minute diversion from the interstate, but the upside is you bypass the $4 toll. They have a fairly decent selection of drinks, warm and cold, and in the fall, they sell half gallons of apple cider from a nearby orchard. Yum.

SodaFan16
11-27-2010, 01:01 AM
I think Jarritos makes the best lime soda - very refreshing without being overly sweet. Much better than either the Stewart's Key Lime soda or the Lime Crush, IMHO.

Lime Jarritos is amazing.

Dewman1979
11-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Mexican pop eh? Will give it a try. Since that stuff is everywhere here.

Dewman1979
11-27-2010, 06:41 PM
There's also Canada Dry Lime (not ginger ale) which is available in southern NJ, Philadelphia metro, northern DE, and a bit of eastern MD. I haven't had any in a while, so I don't remember exactly how it tastes. I do know that I remember liking it better than Lime Crush.

Here's a pic of their full lineup of flavors. Vanilla cream is also available in a bit of wider area, like central MD, parts of VA, etc. There is also a cherry soda, but it's only in 2L.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/garya/cdry-flavor20oz.jpg

If anyone's ever going up/down I-95 and passing through Delaware, shoot me a PM, I can give you directions to a deli that sells these (that's where I took the pic). It's about a 10 minute diversion from the interstate, but the upside is you bypass the $4 toll. They have a fairly decent selection of drinks, warm and cold, and in the fall, they sell half gallons of apple cider from a nearby orchard. Yum.

I do not get why this type of stuff is not available here.