PDA

View Full Version : Diet Soda Alert!!!

newCOKEcanuck
11-29-2010, 07:38 PM
To be really honest i used to be a diet soda addicted person for a couple decades. I was over weight and close borderline to diabeties so i cold turkey quit all diet soda and i lost like 10 pounds and my bloating and stomach issues improved greatly. A couple years ago i quit cold turkey and i have not had a diet soda with exception of one a few weeks ago and i felt it bad as it was a diet coke and a coke zero, they bloated me for a couple of days and my digestion system was messed up for a week. I do drink soda but limited amounts and i only drink regular soda with sugar/HFCS and not 100% HFCS or just sugar as your body naturally breaks down sugar. There have been many studies to show what i just mentioned of how sugar is naturally broken down by your body aka regular sugar non-liquid sugar sodas in limited numbers. You feel better, you do not feel bloated, full of gas and feel ill symptoms plus splenda does not help you in any way as it is just another bio-food product and is not real so your body does not know how to break it down properly and i get sick off of splenda. Next time you go shopping just wait a couple minutes in the soda isle and look at the people who buy diet soda's, does diet soda look as though it is working for them but they continue to buy it in tremendous numbers and i know people will say things like, "i cannot have sugar because of my diabeties". Well fine but it is this diet soda that helped or helped give you diabeties. Remember when you started to buy diet soda? Has it helped you keep off the pounds? Most likely not.......right? Cut down the intake and make the switch to regular soda and just try it for two months, like i did. You will see and feel a difference.

D.

newCOKEcanuck
11-29-2010, 07:55 PM
In order to make this change you have to cut diet soda completely and you have to only drink half as much soda as you regularly would but it has to be regular and it has to have sugar in it and cannot be all HFCS. Your body converts HFCS negativly. In Canada it is regulated that all soda's have at least half real regular sugar, major soda bottlers in Canada use 75% sugar. In Canada we have the best tasting regular sodas all year long including Coke, Pepsi or anything else so we are the lucky ones as we don't have to wait for special editions.

Susan
11-29-2010, 10:59 PM
I have been drinking mainly diet sodas for over a year now and you are right, I have not lost any weight. I stay about 160, some 20 lbs. higher than I should be. I've also had stomach issues for months now. I never drink the diet drinks with aspartame however. But I am going to quit the diet sodas all together and treat myself to maybe 2-3 regular sodas per week. Good post!

Mr Zabe
11-30-2010, 07:38 AM
I have been drinking mainly diet sodas for over a year now and you are right, I have not lost any weight. I stay about 160, some 20 lbs. higher than I should be. I've also had stomach issues for months now. I never drink the diet drinks with aspartame however. But I am going to quit the diet sodas all together and treat myself to maybe 2-3 regular sodas per week. Good post! I too started to had a similar problem with diet soda pop. After some 20+ years of drinking diet soda pop (diet coke and diet pepsi); due to a medical condition (new meds), I started to have sever IBS. I switched to HFCS and sugar sweetened soda pop and my IBS drastically improved.

How ever, I was unable to limit myself to only a few soda pops a week. My soda pop
consumption if anything increased from 4 diet soda pops a day to 8+ a day. I now drink
much more water and about 4 soda pops a day. My point is that HFC/sugar soda
pop was for me, was much harder to drink in moderation.

Susan
11-30-2010, 08:01 PM
I also have had IBS issues but for the past few years I have been taking the Digestive Advanatage IBS once per day and it really helps. That's a lot of soda you drink! I've done well lately, only having an occasional soft drink. I had a medium Pepsi at Taco Bell today but that was my first soda since Thanksgiving. I've been drinking G2 quite a bit lately.

newCOKEcanuck
12-01-2010, 03:23 AM
Well Susan and all others that are reading this today, it is good that you are limiting your intake of diet soda's but you have to stop diet soda completely for just 6 weeks or more to see a difference in your body, you will see it in many ways. Just you mentioning that you have IBS issues is so common with diet soda drinkers, in general including myself and others as we have seen above in related replies have experienced the same issues. You mentioned that you have been drinking water and a lot of G2 which to others is "Gatorade 2" which is basically "diet Gatorade". G2 is not at all good for you as it is filled with the same ingretients as diet soda's. Just have water and if you need some flavor try watered down Koolaid or concentrated frozen canned jucies. Everyone will say Koolaid!? Get the original packets where you add sugar and in the directions where it says to add so much sugar cut it in half or if you can more so when you make a piture of it for the fridge. Remember it is not for your kids it is to add a little flavor to your water without the crap of chemicals as you only are adding sugar and water which your body will breakdown naturally. These other ways i mentioned to flavor water or just to drink something different are great and jucies in moderation are healthy in vitamens and minerals(Vitamin Water is just another Coke bio-product, not good) not to mention Koolade and frozen concentrated jucies are another inexpensive way to keep healthy just like soda is cheap but unhealthy.

Mr Zabe
12-01-2010, 11:33 AM
"Gatorade 2" which is basically "diet Gatorade".

Gatorade 2 is not diet Gatorade. It is just the new branding for the same good old
Gatorade that has carbohydrates (sugar). IMO, everyone has a different perspective
on what drinks they enjoy. It's good to have healthy choices and I do appreciate your
sound knowledge on healthier beverage choices; but at least for me life is too short.
I drink therefore I am, not I am therefore I drink. Think about it.:)

***G2 is reduced in calories and contains an artificial sweetener.***

newCOKEcanuck
12-05-2010, 08:25 PM
There is no sugar in G2, it does have carbs, but carbs are not related to just sugar. G2 is a diet drink, look at the ingretients and calories as it is completely different than regular Gatorade. It is the same as all these flavored waters that are diet chemical drinks that will keep you fat, bloated and IBS sick. Regular Gatorade is just another form of electrolytes which the human body needs daily through vitamins and minerals in foods and liquids that we induce into our bodies each day. When you are ill or feeling fluish or really sick drink regular gatorade for the electrolytes to keep your bodies vitamens and minerals in top form especially if you cannot keep anything down as your body will feel better like an IV without the hospital. You will start to feel better faster with electrolytes in your system but not diet ****. Our bodies our 90% water, when we die after a few days if not properly kept we will essentially melt. What i am saying is fluids are important so keep them up when working hard or feeling ill. STOP ALL DIET PRODUCTS! LOOK AT THE INGRETIENTS, NOT ADVERTISING!
Thankyou all.

Dewman1979
12-05-2010, 09:46 PM
I drink Diet, and have no problems. So...yeah.

On top of that, I lost 80 pounds switching from to diet(along with excercising)

Nonesense.

Mr Zabe
12-06-2010, 08:25 AM
"There is no sugar in G2, it does have carbs, but carbs are not related to just sugar."
Gatorade G2 Ingredients (http://www.livestrong.com/article/28337-gatorade-g2-ingredients/)

Susan
12-07-2010, 12:41 AM
"There is no sugar in G2, it does have carbs, but carbs are not related to just sugar."
Gatorade G2 Ingredients (http://www.livestrong.com/article/28337-gatorade-g2-ingredients/)

I started a no carb diet on Sunday so now my only two beverages are Diet Cheerwine and Powerade Zero. I know I'm supposed to drink lots of water but frankly that's just water torture for me. I'm only on day two and already having Cherry Crush and Cherry Nutragrain Bar withdrawals. :(:(:(

Mr Zabe
12-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Susan,
Easy does it. Changing a food plan so quickly can lead to a big let down.
Speaking for myself, several years ago (8yrs ago) I decided to slim down and
get in shape. I lost 85 pounds by gradually changing my food plan and gradually
exercising. I slowly reduced my carbs by giving up one or two high carb foods
a week or so at a time. I was drinking diet Pepsi,crystal light and water.

My point is that I was able to reduce and maintain my weight loss up until
I got sick (long story). By the way after I started my "slow change" in November
by the follow end of the next April, I power walked my first of four 5K
races. Never in my wildest dream did I ever think that I would be able to
do this. As in the previous November I could barely walk around a short subdivision
block. Easy does it and best of luck.

mjb1124
12-07-2010, 12:19 PM
I could never do a no-carb diet. I'd sooner go vegetarian, and that's saying a lot. I've been on Weight Watchers. I haven't been too good about sticking to it lately, but when I do, it works, and it's easier to follow than any other diet I've heard of.

Meanwhile, I actually have decided to quit diet soda, since I have had the symptoms mentioned in this thread. I'm at least going to give it the six weeks to see if things improve. I've already noticed considerably less bloating, and I haven't really changed anything else about my eating habits (aside from drinking a bit more non-diet soda).

newCOKEcanuck
12-09-2010, 05:17 AM
Great about giving yourself six weeks of non diet soda, diet water or anything with bio-chemical products(like aspertame, asuflame potasium, splenda) in it like Crystal Light and Gatorade 2 (G2). This is what my original concept is all about and it does work. Drink more regular soda instead of diet and yes get out and walk if you cannot do anything more for exercise. Just look at the people when you shop in the soda isle when you buy your now regular soda instead of diet and watch the bodytypes of the people buying just diet soda, for the most part it does not get them anywhere weight wise. When you buy your regular soda make sure it has some sugar in it and that it is not all HFCS. You must have NO diet liquid products of any kind in your body for six to eight weeks and you will see a big difference. I would like people to come back here after they have tried this to tell me their results. I was shocked when i quit all diet soda and diet liquids cold turkey for more than two months and stayed that way so really i have been free of diet drinks since March 2008. It made such a difference for me and my digestive issues, IBS issues, bloating and weight. You should cut down your intake of sodas in general so u cannot just supplement 5 cans of diet soda intake a day for 5 cans of regular soda intake as you should have 2 to max three cans of regular soda intake possibly. In the begining it will be hard but in earlier threads i have given new ways to have flavored water with low levels of sugar. Read my first initial thread to fully understand what i fully mean but i think we all get the point. With the holidays we are now into there should be no reason to not stop diet sodas and diet liquids as of now but you will have better results if you do start after the new year because of all the extra calories we normally intake this time of year but just start early and be better at it. Then start on new years day your six to eight weeks of time to see the results as you could see amazing digestive issues go away or get so much better and the bloating and weight decrease intensely. So start today, throw away all the diet **** and go out to the grocery store and wait in the soda isle for a while and take eye to eye notes, buy evaluating the diet soda buyers for a few minutes and buy your new regular sodas with part or all sugar and always ask for regular soda when you are eating out or are visitiing friends and family and share your new NOT diet but bio-chemical free way of life. Look at foods when shopping too where you might have to pay a litle more attention to ingretients to foods with real ingretients rather than foods with tons of ingretients you cannot mention or even know about to save a buck. They will just make your digestive system sick and your body bloated and you should not have to take prescriptive drugs or tums to make yourself feel better because in the end you are spending more money going to the doctor or buying medication or missing time off work. "I thought i was saving money by buying that cheaper value ready-made food?". "I am feeling sick a lot more than years ago when i bought better quality non ready-made foods?". "Maybe i should go back to cooking again?" Its a lot to think about...... right?

CitrusCola
12-09-2010, 05:21 AM
Avoid "bio-chemicals," eh? That would be difficult to do.

Pass the Methyl Eugenol - National Review Online (http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/print/253846)

Dewman1979
12-09-2010, 03:08 PM
lol...newCOKEcanuck. You aren't a doctor. Just ignorant.

scaryice
12-09-2010, 09:27 PM
I switched to diet over a year ago and I lost a decent amount of weight. I drink 3 cans a day, so that's 450 calories less in my diet. I'll take simple math over rambling, poorly written message board posts.

newCOKEcanuck
12-23-2010, 12:08 AM
How am i ignorant "dewman1979"? How do you know what my title or educational and employment background is? I wrote a simple expose of my experience and knowledge of diet soda and the harm of what it, the product and the industry can potentially do to yourself as it did to me. If you do not want to participate or accept it then move on. If you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all. Good day.

Dewman1979
12-23-2010, 02:36 AM
How am i ignorant "dewman1979"? How do you know what my title or educational and employment background is? I wrote a simple expose of my experience and knowledge of diet soda and the harm of what it, the product and the industry can potentially do to yourself as it did to me. If you do not want to participate or accept it then move on. If you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all. Good day.

Go away. You are Spewing ignorant bs.

newCOKEcanuck
12-31-2010, 09:40 PM
Happy 2011 All!!! Hope it's working for you, an all is well.