PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar 2X/Pink

buzzed4life
01-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Just noticed 2 new products from Rockstar Energy Drink on their website. 2 12oz variations called 2X (250mg of caffeine), and another one called Pink (Zero Carbs, Zero Sugar). No information on either with the exception of can graphics, and a brief description on home page. I'm guessing we'll be seeing these in stores soon....

Source: Rockstar Energy Drink (http://www.rockstar69.com)

SodaFan16
01-04-2011, 01:57 AM
Thanks so much for sharing, will definitely buy them if I see them in stores!

buzzed4life
01-05-2011, 02:10 PM
New information about these 2 products....

2X Energy- 12oz, low carb formulation (15 calories, 1 carb). 250mg of caffeine per can. I am hearing it tastes like Lo Carb Monster, only with more carbonation.

Pink- 12oz, zero carb formulation (10 calories, 0 sugar/carbs). 120mg of caffeine per can (standard). Pink Lemonade flavor. Come's packaged with a straw?

Has anyone tried these yet?

MobiusOne
01-05-2011, 02:51 PM
i have tried them, found them out in BFE, WA. personally i thought they were darn tasty.

SodaFan16
01-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Pink Lemonade? Damnit, I might still try it though. I would love the straw too haha.

I haven't seen them in stores yet.

joshal1980
01-06-2011, 02:28 PM
I found both of them last night. Do not taste too bad, and I actually got a good buzz off of the Rockstar 2X.

SodaFan16
01-06-2011, 06:41 PM
I found both of them last night. Do not taste too bad, and I actually got a good buzz off of the Rockstar 2X.

Very lucky! What store?

KP2141
01-08-2011, 01:35 AM
I was in a Chevron yesterday in Cerritos, Ca on my way to a meeting and noticed the 2 new sku's from RS. The packaging was well developed.
I am generally not a huge fan of RS but an "A" on their behalf. I have been in approx. 10 C-stores in 24 hours and have not found them since in So. Cal.

KP

fusion
01-08-2011, 05:55 AM
I'll have to look for these around here. Pepsi just got Rockstar a few months ago, it was still being distributed by Canada Dry - Philadelphia Coke never picked up Rockstar - they went with Monster a long time ago.

Canada Dry still has it in two counties in MD, since the indie Pepsi distributor has no interest in it (I was told that Rockstar wanted them to carry the full line, and they don't have the space for all of it).

I noticed an espresso can on the home page with the Roasted cans... Anyone had that?

buzzed4life
01-08-2011, 10:38 AM
I'll have to look for these around here. Pepsi just got Rockstar a few months ago, it was still being distributed by Canada Dry - Philadelphia Coke never picked up Rockstar - they went with Monster a long time ago.

Canada Dry still has it in two counties in MD, since the indie Pepsi distributor has no interest in it (I was told that Rockstar wanted them to carry the full line, and they don't have the space for all of it).

I noticed an espresso can on the home page with the Roasted cans... Anyone had that?

I tried the Espresso when I was in San Francisco earlier last year, and thought it tasted horrible! I remember not being able to finish it...

In fact, I've never seen Espresso in Texas or any states on the East coast, which leads me to believe it's only sold on the West coast...? You aren't missing anything except a bad taste in your mouth!:D

SodaFan16
01-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Found them at Jewel a couple of days ago, on sale, 2 for $3. Can't wait to drink them.

NRGDrinkEuphoria
01-22-2011, 09:47 PM
These 2 are becoming difficult to find, I seriously want them for review.

SodaFan16
01-23-2011, 12:21 AM
These 2 are becoming difficult to find, I seriously want them for review.

If you have a Jewel near you, go there.

acidbrn
01-23-2011, 02:25 AM
I still havent been able to find them up here in North Dakota where its carried by Pepsi im hoping my trip to Minneapolis will turn something up.

NRGDrinkEuphoria
01-23-2011, 12:14 PM
No Jewels in North Georgia, the only places that get new drinks are the Chevrons

Tons O' Fun
01-25-2011, 09:11 PM
They have them in the Denver and Ft Collins areas in Colorado as well as Cheyenne here in Wyoming. They have them 2 for $3. The 2x wasn't bad but is not my favorite. The pink one tastes just as you'd expect a no sugar no carbs drink to taste.

Rockstar 2x:
3 out of 5

Rockstar Pink:
1 out of 5

scum1
01-26-2011, 01:42 PM
I reviewed the 2x and thought it tasted too sweet and artificial. I did not like it at all. I tried the pink yesterday and enjoyed the flavor. Kind of like a diet sprite with some berry flavor. If I want a strong Rockstar I'd go with the zero carb which taste much better. My daughter emailed from out of state to tell me the pink was her new favorite.

lordmadone
02-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Just wait for the two new Rockstar Recovery flavors coming out in the a month or two..grape and orange ;-).

I liked both of these new editions...above average and the rockstar pink really suprised me.

fusion
02-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Haven't found either of them around here yet, either.

SodaFan16
02-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Grape and Orange?

I'll buy those ASAP as well. Still haven't tried these two new ones yet

scum1
02-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Sounds great. I usually like Rockstar drinks and the Pink was very good. The 2x not so much. Grape and orange hydration drinks sound like winners

Just wait for the two new Rockstar Recovery flavors coming out in the a month or two..grape and orange ;-).

I liked both of these new editions...above average and the rockstar pink really suprised me.

BluejacketT
02-11-2011, 11:47 AM
I had some Rockstar 2X & it tasted sour.

pepsiguy383
02-13-2011, 07:31 PM
I still havent been able to find them up here in North Dakota where its carried by Pepsi im hoping my trip to Minneapolis will turn something up.

Not sure what part of ND you are in, but we started carrying it a week ago (eastern ND), and we're already out in the warehouse. We didn't get much to start with, which usually means we have another "dog" on our hands. However, on my route it's selling fast. Most places that got it initially are already out. Tried the Pink stuff and it's ok. Tastes alot like the zero carb in my opinion. Have yet to try the 2x, and haven't heard anything about it.

fusion
03-10-2011, 03:59 PM
I had some Rockstar 2X & it tasted sour.

Agreed. But it seems to pack a decent punch.

buzzed4life
03-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Since starting this thread I've been able to try 2X, and Pink a few times now. I enjoyed both of them at first, but after having them a couple of times, 2X is really starting to taste too artificial to me. Pink is still a good one for me, because its extends the "recovery lemonade" formula, and makes it its own. I just have trouble going into a store, and buying one for myself, unless my girlfriend is in the car, and I can say shes drinking it...good stuff. (no offense for those guys who drink Pink out in the open, through the attached straw)

SodaFan16
03-28-2011, 12:38 AM
The pink one was pretty good. I drank it way too fast to really savor the taste though, but luckily I have another can and I'll try it again soon. Love the straw addition though. :)

It did give me a decent energy kick, couldn't fall asleep haha.