PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi - What is a fan favorite?

UncleBob
01-10-2011, 12:48 AM
In BevReview.com's article about the return of Pitch Black (http://www.bevreview.com/2011/01/07/mountain-dew-pitch-black-is-back-by-popular-dew-mand-in-2011/), the following is said...

The idea is to bring back fan favorites in 8 week cycles.

Now, if this is going to be limited to Mountain Dew extensions... well, quite frankly, I'm not that excited. Maybe if they bring back MDX. It wasn't that exciting, but I'd probably buy some if it was around again. Aside from Throwback, Code Red, Regular Dew and the occasional Live Wire, none of the other flavor extensions have ever really done much for me. I suppose Distortion wasn't all that bad - kinda reminded me of MDX.

Anywhoo, if this "fan-favorites" thing extends beyond the Mountain Dew brand... *drool*.

Crystal Pepsi
Pepsi Blue
Pepsi Twist
Storm
Slice and some of the extensions...

All good choices... (although not much of a Storm fan myself...) - but, personally, I want to see them bring back some Josta!

As such, I threw them a note on their "Contact Us" webform (http://cr.pepsi.com/usen/pepsiusen.cfm?time=54612906).

Our passion for soft drinks has convinced Pepsi to bring back Throwback, time and time again. Now, they're listening to us about Pitch Black. Perhaps, now is the time to strike if there's an older flavor you want them to try again!

UncleBob
01-10-2011, 12:49 AM
And here's my letter. They'll either love it or think I'm completely crazy.

Dear Great Pepsi Overlords,

I hear you're bringing back Mountain Dew: Pitch Black and Supernova back for Limited Time Offerings. In the same article, I read that your wonderful company (which brings me great joy with the Throwback line-up, by the way!) is looking to bring back other fan-favorites for LTOs.

Therefore, I beg of you, oh most gracious ones - bring back JOSTA! I was addicted to that stuff in High School and would be very, very thankful if you would bring it back. In fact, if you'd bring it back for an LTO, I'll promise not to drink a single Coca-Cola product for a whole year (mostly because I'd stock up on enough Josta to last me the entire year...)

Josta was a wonderful product, although, I believe it was a product before it's time - it was, virtually, an energy drink that was released before the whole energy drink-fad hit. Bring it back as Josta or relabel it as Mountain Dew: Cola or something - I don't care... just bring it back! You could even tweak the formula to include real sugar (which just tastes so much better!).

Please, please, please bring back some Josta lovin' to me. I'll give you a hug if you do. :D

Thanks in advance! -R

Tannerman
01-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Now, if this is going to be limited to Mountain Dew extensions...

When I was conducting that interview, my assumption was that it would be Dew extensions, mainly given that the person I was talking to oversaw Dew/Sierra Mist/etc but not the flagship. We'll see what ends up happening, however. :)

UncleBob
01-12-2011, 07:12 AM
When I was conducting that interview, my assumption was that it would be Dew extensions, mainly given that the person I was talking to oversaw Dew/Sierra Mist/etc but not the flagship. We'll see what ends up happening, however. :)

This is sad to me. :(

Anyway, here's the reply I just got from Pepsi. Standard "Thanks, blah, blah."

Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Pepsi-Cola. It's always great to hear from our loyal consumers.

As you know, we've stopped producing Mountain Dew Pitch Black, Super Nova and Josta. In the past, Pepsi had distributed these flavors in several markets, but they didnít sell as well as we had hoped and so they were discontinued. I am sincerely sorry about that

Unfortunately, there are no current plans to reintroduce this product, but I'll be sure to forward all your comments to the appropriate individuals here. Thanks for sharing your comments with us!

Again, many thanks for taking the time to contact us. We truly appreciate your friendship and support.

Have a good day!

Dewman1979
01-13-2011, 02:42 AM
I liked pepsi blue.

halloaaryn
01-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Pepsi Twist
Pepsi Blue
Pepsi Twist
Pepsi Cherry Vanilla
Pepsi Twist
Pepsi Summer Mix
Pepsi Twist
Crystal Clear Pepsi
Pepsi Twist

I had a dream that I found some Pepsi Twist. I woke up and was a little depressed. I need help... and Pepsi Twist.

and NO.. adding lemon to Pepsi is NOT the same!