PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else ever quit caffeine?

jacksmom
01-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Hi,

Just a little advice here please - I'm giving up all caffeine (sad) but I think it will be better overall. I'm just wondering if any of you beverage lovers have ever done the same and if you have any advice. I'm prone to migraines, so I'd really like to avoid any withdrawal headaches...baby steps. Thanks! :)

CitrusCola
01-11-2011, 12:14 PM
While I've not ever given up caffeinated drinks, I do know someone who has. She says it was tough at first, but it did help her avoid migraines. She also said that she had to go to some different stores to find caffeine-free versions of some drinks (Caffeine-free Diet Cheerwine, in particular).

Good luck!

greg
01-11-2011, 01:09 PM
I'm not a quitter!!!!

I'm a stimulant junkie, I cant help you.

Good Luck

Mr Zabe
01-11-2011, 02:41 PM
I have tried at least four times ( last year) to get off of caffeine with no success.
Each time I tried, I got bad headaches and felt very crabby. My system was like a
pinball machine on tilt. So, I too am a caffeine addict. I wish I had some
advice to give you.

Dewman1979
01-11-2011, 05:00 PM
I went two days without caffein, with no ill effects....but I loved Mt Dew too much to keep it up....

jacksmom
01-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Thanks all. I have already said my goodbyes to Mountain Dew Code Red, Mountain Dew Livewire and Mountain Dew Voltage. Luckily, we have a lot of Caffeine Free Mountain Dew, so I suppose that will have to do. I am planning to taper (very, very slowly) so hopefully that works. I'll let you know of my progress (or failure) with kicking this caffeine.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with my Ski Soda and the stack of Mountain Dew Typhoon and Mountain Dew Distortion I have laying around in my basement. :)

halloaaryn
01-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Hi,

Just a little advice here please - I'm giving up all caffeine (sad) but I think it will be better overall. I'm just wondering if any of you beverage lovers have ever done the same and if you have any advice. I'm prone to migraines, so I'd really like to avoid any withdrawal headaches...baby steps. Thanks! :)

GGIIVVEE UP CAFFEINE? I dont get it.

jacksmom
01-19-2011, 11:34 AM
I'm happy to report that I am now a new and improved caffeine free version of myself! And - I did it without getting any headaches (although I reduced at a snail's pace) - Yeah!

lordmadone
01-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Congrats.

I can honestly say that while I enjoy my Rockstar Punched in the morning..going without energy drinks and/or caffeine has never been a problem but it is always a good once in a while treat..I have built up too much of an immunity from drinking the 24oz Punched when we use to have them...

Dewman1979
01-20-2011, 03:49 AM
Congrats.

I can honestly say that while I enjoy my Rockstar Punched in the morning..going without energy drinks and/or caffeine has never been a problem but it is always a good once in a while treat..I have built up too much of an immunity from drinking the 24oz Punched when we use to have them...

I do the Dew in the morning...

jacksmom
01-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Congrats.

Thanks. Yeah, my brother is practically hooked up to an IV of Mtn. Dew - it doesn't do a thing for him anymore. Still, that's amazing you can go without and suffer no ill effects. :)

Theynine
04-18-2011, 02:41 AM
What was the reason for giving up the caffeine?
Its the only reason I would ever drink a coffee.
I see these folks at the Dunkin Donuts ordering their de-caf and just have to wonder
WHY???
Faulty tickers? Too sensitive to the stuff? Whats the scoop?

jacksmom
04-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Actually, I never thought I'd be able to quit the caffeine (I think I've had a Mountain Dew every day since I was 17 - I won't say how long ago that was), but I was hoping it would help with some migraine troubles I have. Also, probably the main reason was to be supportive of my husband - his body just doesn't handle caffeine well, but he LOVES it and it was hard for him to see me drinking it all the time and he couldn't have any, so I decided I loved him more than my caffeine and just wanted him to know he wasn't in it alone. I'm proud to report that I am still "caffeine free" after several months! YEAH! I do miss it from time to time, but overall it's been better. :)

SodaFan16
04-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Every time I don't have caffeine, I get way too tired haha. I love the stuff.

joshal1980
04-18-2011, 07:04 PM
I have tried to cut back on my caffeine intake, but working for Coca-Cola Refreshments makes it kinda hard to do that. I also like to try new drinks, but my wife keeps hounding me to cut back more. I do not even get a buzz from most energy drinks anymore. Only energy drink to gave me a buzz lately have been the 2X Rockstar, but that was only after 2 of them in a row. LOL