PDA

View Full Version : Passover 2011

Themaster73
02-20-2011, 12:13 AM
Does anyone know when Coke and Pepsi will begin making the KP Sodas?

Will there be KP Sprite this year to counter KP Sierra Mist Natural?

Will there be KP Caffeine Free Pepsi?

When can stores begin ordering the KP items?

fusion
02-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Stores don't order. We send in account managers to write orders. Clarification - I'm speaking of large stores, who are the ones who are most likely to be selling KP soda. There are small stores that are on tel-sell and order what they want to.

That being said, April 4th is the date. KP Coke & Diet. No Sprite.

Themaster73
02-21-2011, 03:10 AM
Coke is doing the exact opposite of Pepsi with the use of sugar. Pepsi is adding sugar options (Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Sierra Mist) while Coke is taking them away (KP Sprite). Maybe more KP Coke will be made.

Looks like Sierra Mist Natural is going to have an even bigger boost this year, since it will likely be KP (at little to no extra cost since it already uses sugar).

Thanks for the info

bigrich
02-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Sierra Mist Natural KP would cost Pepsi more because of the different caps, the Rabbi to oversee it, and having to stop the line and clean it twice, once with whatever they usually clean it with and then clean it again with Kosher chemicals.

Dewman1979
02-22-2011, 03:15 AM
I have yet to see this around here.

Mr Zabe
02-22-2011, 08:39 AM
KP soda pops usually become available around 1 week +/- before the Passover holiday.
Some markets may get them a few days sooner.

fusion
02-25-2011, 12:51 AM
Coke is doing the exact opposite of Pepsi with the use of sugar. Pepsi is adding sugar options (Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Sierra Mist) while Coke is taking them away (KP Sprite). Maybe more KP Coke will be made.

KP Sprite has been gone for a few years now. KP Seagram's Ale and Seltzer even longer.

Themaster73
02-25-2011, 01:03 AM
KP Sprite was last made in 2009. It seems there was a KP CF Coca Cola as well in 2009 that was also discontinued last year.

KP Canada Dry and KP Schweppes still exist (although as 1 liters and 6 packs).

Guess less people care about Sprite now. As long as more KP Coke is made. Coke could boost their sales even more by making more KP Coke than regular Coke during that time. People will buy it up, some will even buy when there is no sale.

When did KP Seagrams get discontinued? 80s, 90s, 00s?

Tannerman
02-25-2011, 11:20 AM
I believe SM Natural is made with mix of cane/beat sugar, so it wouldn't be so easy to shift it to all cane to be Kosher

Themaster73
03-29-2011, 10:17 PM
KP Coke and Pepsi are already out in some areas, in other areas, they are waiting in the warehouse.

treetoptom
03-30-2011, 09:38 AM
"I believe SM Natural is made with mix of cane/beat sugar, so it wouldn't be so easy to shift it to all cane to be Kosher"

Beets are not chametz (wheat, barley, spelt, rye or oats) nor are they considered by Ashkenazi Jews to be kitniyot (rice, corn, lentils, or beans) so sugar derived from beets would be KfP. Beet sugar would require a different bracha ("blessing") since it is derived from a vegetable rather than cane sugar, which is usually considered to be derived from a "tree" (i.e., the tall sugar cane stalk).

Themaster73
04-01-2011, 03:03 AM
The NYC Pepsi bottler (NY) seems to be once again making all the Diet Pepsi line Kosher for Passover. This will likely in place of regular Diet Pepsi for the next several weeks/months.

Themaster73
04-06-2011, 02:36 PM
KP Pepsi has 160 Calories per serving, while regular Pepsi has 150 calories per serving.

KPCF Pepsi still has "Natural Flavors" (using up old labeling), while KP Pepsi has "Natural Flavor" and the new calorie information.