PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Sodas

UncleBob
02-27-2011, 11:33 AM
So, I've recently become a big fan of some of the Jarritos flavors (Pineapple, so far, is my absolute favorite, followed by Mandarin). In my quest to actually obtain these precious sodas, I found a small chain (of two!) Mexican Grocers in the largest city near me (Evansville, IN).

When I first saw their soda selection, I almost cried - it was amazing. Stand outs included Mexican Pepsi, Mexican 7-up, Mexican Coke (a little less special, since it's becoming a bit common now-a-days)... but then, there were tons and tons of brands and flavors I've never heard of... The second one I stopped by had about a 12 foot section, floor to ceiling, of soda. Should have taken a picture...

So, dear soda experts - what do you recommend I look for next time I'm at Las Americas? (Which will probably be pretty soon - I'm chugging through these 19 1.5 liter bottles of Jarritos I picked up!)

ATownAndrew
02-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Make sure to try the Guava (Guayaba) flavor Jarritos if you can find it. This is by far my favorite Jarritos flavor and there is no other guava flavor soda that I know of.

UncleBob
02-28-2011, 06:32 PM
I had some single-servs of it before and it was delicious! I didn't see any of the larger bottles of it though. :(

ATownAndrew
03-01-2011, 04:24 AM
The Guava flavor of Jarritos only comes in the 13.5 oz glass bottle. I've never seen it in any other size and we get all the Jarritos flavors/sizes here in CA.

mooseman
03-16-2011, 03:12 PM
try Sidral Mundet, the green apple flavor. so good.

SodaFan16
03-16-2011, 03:36 PM
I love Jarritos, my favorite one is the Orange.

UncleBob
03-17-2011, 09:14 AM
try Sidral Mundet, the green apple flavor. so good.

I picked up a bottle of the red the most recent time I went (sadly, it was the only thing I "expanded" to). Planned to grab a green as well, but they didn't have any. I'm pretty sure the other location did, but I didn't make it there before they closed. :(

I love Jarritos, my favorite one is the Orange.
I detest orange soda, but their Mandarin is just AWESOME. Pineapple is my favorite, but Mandarin, Mango and Guava all tie for close seconds. :D