PDA

View Full Version : Cherry dr.pepper in canada now!!!

newCOKEcanuck
03-24-2011, 04:13 AM
When i was on the phone with my local PBG, we had talked about Pepsi Throwback and when it was coming back to the shelves, i was told full production will be on the shelves showing this June thru October 2011. I asked about any other flavours and the fact i was told by another Pepsi employee that Cherry Pepsi is coming this summer, she would not confirm it but did say Pepsi Canada just released Cherry Dr.Pepper last week in 591's first, then 12 packs and 2L's are coming soon. She also said to me there will be another flavour for the summer coming from Pepsi but would not say what it was and she also mentioned that sales of Pepsi Lime/Diet Pepsi Lime are still going to be produced for the coming months as the sales are still strong. Funny thing she mentioned to me is that Pepsi Lime/Diet Pepsi Lime were supposed to be limited summer 2010 flavors but sales were so big that Pepsi made them regulars. I hope that happens to Pepsi Throwback and Cherry Dr.Pepper. I am actually hopeing that the other summer flavor coming is Pepsi Vanilla. I told her to make sure Pepsi knows that Pepsi Vanilla has to make a comeback, that was the best stuff ever.

Shootmaster_44
03-24-2011, 11:35 AM
I bought one the other day at Shoppers Drug Mart and it wasn't bad. It tasted kinda like at Denny's when you put a Cherry shot in a glass of Coke. The nice thing about it is while I like Dr. Pepper, sometimes it is a bit harsh tasting and causes me to cough. This had none of that. I'd definitely buy it again.

If I were Pepsi, I'd make sure Throwback was permanent (either as Throwback or reformulating Pepsi) and bring Wild Cherry Pepsi back to Canada. I also wish Pepsi Twist was easier to find. The only place I can ever seem to find it is in a variety flat at Costco. I haven't looked for it in awhile, so it might not even be available there.

GenesisWildCherry
03-24-2011, 09:19 PM
Yes, I tasted it too. I love Dr Pepper Cherry, it's one of the best pops I've ever had, actually. :3

Just enough cherry flavor to be pleasant. I look forward to 12 packs, and I too hope it stays on. :3 Same for Pepsi Lime and Throwback. Actually, Throwback is still available in 591mL format here in Quebec, and in large quantities. :) I'm surprised Mtn Dew Throwback still hasn't made its way here.

And I wish they'd confirm the Cherry Pepsi rumor already. >.<

And I loved Twist too, shootmaster.

I hope it's Vanilla too, NCC. I loved Vanilla Coke, so I assume Pepsi Vanilla is even better than that.

newCOKEcanuck
03-25-2011, 01:56 AM
Pepsi Twist which was the Lemon formula has been discontinued for the last two to three years here in Canada. The US does not have it either, as i have never seen it there in the last couple years too. I have seen the Costco flats you are talking about but they have not had Twist Lemon in them for the last three years too. The flats only use what Pepsi has in production as those flats are no-longer exclusive to Costco, the same flat combos are sold at Wal-mart, Superstore and Save-On sometimes stocks them in their caselot section isle.

GenesisWildCherry
03-26-2011, 01:35 PM
What do they usually have in those flat packs, anyway?

And did your PBG give you a date on Cherry DP 12-packs? I want my fix but not everyone carries the bottles.

Shootmaster_44
03-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Pepsi Twist which was the Lemon formula has been discontinued for the last two to three years here in Canada. The US does not have it either, as i have never seen it there in the last couple years too. I have seen the Costco flats you are talking about but they have not had Twist Lemon in them for the last three years too. The flats only use what Pepsi has in production as those flats are no-longer exclusive to Costco, the same flat combos are sold at Wal-mart, Superstore and Save-On sometimes stocks them in their caselot section isle.

Shows how long it has been since I bought one of those flats from Costco.

As far as what was in them, you'd usually get Grape Crush, Orange Crush (sometimes Cream Soda Crush), Mug Root Beer and then Pepsi Twist. What did they replace Pepsi Twist with?

GenesisWildCherry
03-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Grape Crush, last time I checked. But Pepsi Twist ruled, while Grape Crush sucks. :P

SodaFan16
03-28-2011, 10:50 PM
Grape Crush, last time I checked. But Pepsi Twist ruled, while Grape Crush sucks. :P

I love Grape Crush.

newCOKEcanuck
03-28-2011, 11:05 PM
They just now make what is called Crush Rainbow Packs, which are flats of 4 types of 6-packs of Crush products which are: Orange Crush, Cream Soda Crush(pink), Grape Crush, Lime Crush. These Rainbow packs are sold now year round at Costco, and most grocery stores.. There is another flat pack without a name. This flat contains 4 types of 6-packs of Mug rootbeer, Brisk icetea, MountainDew, Dr.Pepper. This flat is available only at Costco and some Wal-Marts.

SodaFan16
03-29-2011, 12:04 AM
They just now make what is called Crush Rainbow Packs, which are flats of 4 types of 6-packs of Crush products which are: Orange Crush, Cream Soda Crush(pink), Grape Crush, Lime Crush. These Rainbow packs are sold now year round at Costco, and most grocery stores.. There is another flat pack without a name. This flat contains 4 types of 6-packs of Mug rootbeer, Brisk icetea, MountainDew, Dr.Pepper. This flat is available only at Costco and some Wal-Marts.

Pink Crush? I've never seen that here before.

How about Strawberry and Cherry Crush?

GenesisWildCherry
03-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Cherry Crush is impossible to find here nowadays. :P

Shootmaster_44
03-29-2011, 12:52 PM

Grape pop is my weakness. I like Grape Crush the best, but Fanta Grape will do in a pinch.

Obviously, I don't take notice of what is sold at Costco, since I didn't recall the flats. My parents buy those when we have large family events and I don't have my own Costco membership (though I really should get one), so I just notice what they buy.

GenesisWildCherry
03-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Hey, newCOKEcanuck, next time you talk to your Pepsi person, can ask if you can get a date on 12-packs of DP Cherry? Thanks. :)

I wonder if we're gonna get Cherry Vanilla, too. -thinks-

newCOKEcanuck
03-30-2011, 10:08 PM
Canada is only getting Cherry Dr.Pepper as there is no other new flavors coming for Dr.Pepper as this Cherry Dr.Pepper will be produced till at least the fall and who knows maybe if it sells well it will stay. Cherry Vanilla Dr.Pepper was in Canada for a limited time about a year and a half ago but i have heard nothing of it coming back. I like this Cherry one better. The 12packs of Cherry Dr.Pepper are coming soon aswell as 2L's by mid april. Pepsi Throwbacks in 591ml bottles can be found at Mac's and Shoppers Drug Mart in good stocks too.

GenesisWildCherry
04-02-2011, 12:35 AM
Okay, so 2L AND 12-packs are coming in mid-April? And will there be a diet version?

newCOKEcanuck
04-06-2011, 08:28 PM
There wil be no diet Cherry Dr.Pepper.

GenesisWildCherry
04-08-2011, 03:33 PM
There wil be no diet Cherry Dr.Pepper.

Oh that's okay, it's awesome enough as it is. I'll just wait for the 12-packs while drinking my delicious Pepsi Lime. <3

And I'm looking forward to my fave soda, Cherry Pepsi. :)

newCOKEcanuck
04-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Bad News Here! As i reported in my Pepsi Lime story earlier about some poor news coming, i was informed by my Pepsi Rep that there will be no 12 packs of the new Cherry Dr.Pepper where as i reported earlier last month that i was told that there would be and they would be shelved in mid april. There still might be hope for 2L bottles though but we have no conformation on that. There is a reason for this is the production capacity issue due to the unplanned and continuation of the P/Lime blends, Cherry Dr.Pepper and product overlap of another syrup blend as my next news will make you forget about this mixup. Look at a new post i will put up with the good news confirmed! It has the word Cherry in it too, lol!!!

GenesisWildCherry
04-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Ahh, who cares? If Cherry Pepsi really IS coming, who needs DP Cherry? ;)

newCOKEcanuck
04-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Well "GWC" i am sure PepsiCo. said the same thing as you said above, lol! Wild Cherry Pepsi is coming though, so there should be no doubt out there. There will be a big push for it by Pepsi this summer and in stores not to mention slurpees.

GenesisWildCherry
04-20-2011, 10:32 PM
Well, it's true. Wild Cherry Pepsi is so good that its flavor completely eclipses that of DP cherry. ;)

And I'd MUCH rather lose DP Cherry than Pepsi Lime anyway. :3

GenesisWildCherry
04-30-2011, 08:52 PM
If any of you are familiar with the IGA grocery chain, I recommend checking them out. Their bottles of Cherry Dr Pepper are clearance-priced to 1.19 a bottle until July. Grab them while you still can, because I think it's another sign Cherry Pepsi is on its way.