PDA

View Full Version : southern va/ north carolina, cherry lemon sundrop and more

mello yello
03-24-2011, 05:14 PM
anyone know where i can find cherry lemon sundrop in north carolina near chapel hill? i'll be going just south of there for a wedding in a couple of weeks. i'm not sure how widely available cherry lemon is now, just looking for an update. haven't been that far south in a while. or anyone know where i can get glass bottles of mello yello in north carolina? i found some 15 years ago there, and was hoping they might be somewhere again now.
if you have any good tips for places with good beverage selection in general in southern va or north carolina let me know. i'll be coming down 95 through virginia, then cutting through north carolina, ending up south of chapel hill, near fuquay varina.

SodaFan16
03-24-2011, 08:29 PM
I don't think they make those anymore.

drpep
03-24-2011, 08:58 PM
I think you are out of luck with glass bottle Mello Yello. As for Cherry Lemon Sundrop your best bet would be around Charlotte in places such as Concord and Gastonia. I highly doubt you will find in around Raleigh.

treetoptom
03-25-2011, 09:24 AM
Cherry Lemon Sundrop is almost always available at Smith's Red & White in Dortches, NC (Exit 141 off I-95). If you are cutting across on NC 42 to get to Fuquay, I have found CLS at both the Food Lion and the Lowes in Clayton, NC, on US 70.

mello yello
04-15-2011, 05:18 PM
thanks for the tip!
i found some cherry lemon off of exit 141 (though i couldn't find the place mentioned). i also went to a food lion (near Fuquay) and loaded up...