PDA

View Full Version : Lipton Naturals..

lordmadone
04-05-2011, 09:52 PM
If any of you were aware Lipton's RTD teas are going NATURAL. No more HFCS and natural flavoring. Well the 20oz bottles came in and boy are they nice. Clean graphics with swirl bottle. I tried the regular green tea with citrus and I must say... IT WAS DELICIOUS! Same thing with the litpon with lemon. I didn't even try it cold but it was so remarkable smooth compared to the current formulation ...I could literally drink a pitcher of this stuff myself. The current formulation gets tired about halfway through one 16.9oz bottle) I will take a picture of all the flavors(there was about six SKUs) and upload it when I can. One thing I do want to mention is that Reb A(stevia extract) was in the ingredients and there is a significant decrease in calories. THe lipton with lemon was 130 calories for the 20oz bottle..while the Green tea with citrus was 180(I believe). Seems like a very promising(AND HEALTHY) move.

Mr Zabe
04-05-2011, 11:12 PM
I am so excited to hear this news. I'm completely head over heals addicted to Lipton Pure Leaf Sweetened. I can't wait too get my hands of the new RTD formula. Do you know when they will get rolled out to the Chicago market?

lordmadone
04-06-2011, 06:09 PM
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll6/jmpitty/Liptonnats.jpg

No idea buddy but this is a NATIONAL move so I do expect it to lag behind. Target is even calling for an endcap with these flavors on special along with the current 12 pack(regular formulation) next sunday. Might be then? Can't call it outside of my market though..I know ads and display set ups can tend to be different.

Also I was right about the calorie content. 180(total) for green tea with citrus..that is about a 60-80 calorie drop! Every other flavor(minus the diet one which is of course calorie free) is 130 calories per bottle! Pretty good move in my opinion. Happy hunting!

*edit* Also there is supposed to be another Diet lipton green tea with watermelon flavor but it was not authorized for this particular account.

Mr Zabe
04-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Thanks Lordmadon. I'm so psyched to get my hands of the new formula.
I'm digging the new art work and the new shape of the bottle.

lordmadone
04-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Thanks Lordmadon. I'm so psyched to get my hands of the new formula.
I'm digging the new art work and the new shape of the bottle.

Yeah I am liking everything about this change so far. Packaging especially hits the mark. I am also a fan of the Pure Leaf brands as well.. I love the Extra sweet..thats the big seller in my area. Even at 1.79 a bottle people still buy it 5-10 at a time. *edit* and forgot to say you're welcome..that was the first intention of me responding anyway...-

Pepsiman
04-06-2011, 11:08 PM
We just got this product in New York today. Looks like a winner, unlike Citrus Blast.I'm sure a negative Bevnet review is already in the works.

fusion
04-07-2011, 03:21 AM
Funny, I had been meaning to ask about these. I've seen them on a few promo pieces (Wegmans LPGA pamphlet, Giant-Carlisle POS for a free Hersheypark ticket), and in a tea planogram in the past few weeks.

They look pretty sharp. I've thought for a while now that they needed to get their 20oz out of a standard bottle, since the 99 1Ls seem pretty popular, and people may have perceived the two products as being the same tea. Although I am slightly disappointed with the use of stevia - I'm not a fan of the anise aftertaste.

pepsiguy383
04-10-2011, 03:55 PM
We got the regular and diet green tea in the warehouse last week. Very sharp, indeed. I asked my boss if they intend to replace the 20oz lipton bottles with these, and he said no. I didn't want to argue with him (obviously), but is this true? Would there be any sense in keeping the old 20oz PET bottles? The sales have died on them since the 1L bottles hit the market, and could really go for a much needed boost.

fusion
04-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Finally found these today at ShopRite. $1.49, but off the shelf, and not in the coolers.