PDA

View Full Version : Wild cherry pepsi in canada confirmed! Summer flvr!

newCOKEcanuck
04-19-2011, 08:10 PM
It has been confirmed that Wild Cherry Pepsi is the summer flavour and will be dropping in stores starting in mid May with 591ml bottles. There will be no diet. "WCP" will be in 12 can packs and 2L's in June sometime hence why Cherry Dr.Pepper will not be in those sizes due to capacity issues with all these plus Lime blends and Max has picked up since the new graphics and added advertising even though it tastes nothing like pepsi, though it advertises it does, it is just diet pepsi with ginsineg and double the caffeine.
I wonder what Coca-Cola has up it's sleeve for it's summer drinks programs? Vanilla Coke! I can always dream since Pepsi does not listen to my many many requests. PEPSI LISTEN UP! I WANT PEPSI VANILLA!
Pepsi did listen to one of my requests as i did thank them last year for bringing back and keeping Pepsi Lime, so thanks pepsi on that one. :)

GenesisWildCherry
04-20-2011, 12:36 AM
OH MY GOD YES!!!

Pepsi finally answers my prayers and brings that holy nectar to Canada.

Thank you, dude! Thank you PBG for me, will you please? :)

Now I wonder... if people buy it like mad like Lime, if they'll keep it past the summer too...

newCOKEcanuck
04-20-2011, 11:08 PM
There will be a big push by Pepsi on WCP not to mention WCP slurpees will be flowin too.

GenesisWildCherry
04-20-2011, 11:31 PM
I heard about those, they're supposed to be absolutely delish. :]

lguapo
05-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Are they available in Canada yet?

sublimecitrus
05-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Are they available in Canada yet?

Not that I've seen, but I'm looking whenever I'm in a convenience store or gas station. I would assume that Pepsi would announce the roll-out before it actually happens. It's not often that a product would go unannounced before it's in stores.

Although, I seem to remember a quiet roll-out for Pepsi Lime.

Jeremy Cochrane
05-29-2011, 07:58 AM
I think it's pretty obvious the original poster is full of crap. I called the local bottler on Friday and they have never heard of anything about Wild Cherry coming to Canada

GenesisWildCherry
07-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Okay, Dave.

It`s now July 2ND, and still no Wild Cherry Pepsi. It leads me to start agreeing with Jeremy on this one. About this being a lie or a misunderstanding.

sublimecitrus
07-03-2011, 12:48 PM
I can't say I'm surprise that it's not out, but I don't hold any grudges against Dave for this. Things change all the time in business. It could have very well been "confirmed" and then quickly scuttled at the last minute by higher-ups in Pepsico.

I must say though, I seriously doubt the intelligence of a company if they never consider selling a product that seems to have a relatively high demand somewhere. Look how well Cherry Dr. Pepper is doing... Near me, every store that stocks it is getting it restocked all the time. I don't see the harm in running a seasonal promotion for a flavour just to find out if the demand is really there.

GenesisWildCherry
07-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Actually, no. My beef is with Pepsi on this one.

Actually, I had my doubts since the beginning. It sounded too good to be true.

And Cherry Dr Pepper = love. I really hope we get more formats soon, then. If there`s no WCP, I hope there's CDP 12-packs coming.

GenesisWildCherry
05-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Well, this year it's for real. Pepsi Wild Cherry is coming to Canada for the summer.

sublimecitrus
05-28-2012, 10:36 PM
Well, this year it's for real. Pepsi Wild Cherry is coming to Canada for the summer.

So I don't have to beg anymore?

GenesisWildCherry
05-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Nope! Check out Pepsi Canada's Facebook page. ;D

sublimecitrus
05-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Where's it say that? I can't find it.

GenesisWildCherry
05-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Oh, forget about that. Pepsi Canada will tell you themselves if you call. :3

Right now, Wild Cherry Pepsi is only available at Costco, mostly in Ontario right now, but they told me that in a couple weeks it would be available nationwide and that in mid summer it'd be widely available at other retailers.

sublimecitrus
05-29-2012, 02:57 AM
Oh, forget about that. Pepsi Canada will tell you themselves if you call. :3

Right now, Wild Cherry Pepsi is only available at Costco, mostly in Ontario right now, but they told me that in a couple weeks it would be available nationwide and that in mid summer it'd be widely available at other retailers.

Costco eh? I hate that place with the fire of a thousand burning suns... I don't know if Costcos are insane in Quebec, but in Saskatchewan it's like a demolition derby with carts. I can only imagine what they'd be like if our government allowed them to sell liquor.

However, if I can get some Cherry Pepsi I'll be okay with that. Since it's going to be wholesale, it will probably be in the 24 can cubes.

At the rate I drink pop, that'll last me for a few months.

GenesisWildCherry
06-07-2012, 05:41 PM
It's in a 24-can flat. Costco stopped selling cubes and instead sells flats.

newCOKEcanuck
09-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Wild Cherry Pepsi in Canada has now ended production as it was only sold for the summer 2012. Pepsi has started a new production replacement for this fall 2012 of Pepsi Throwback/Retro and has hit Costco Canada last week as i just bought 4 flats of 32 cans each last night. Pepsi Throwback/Retro will hit all stores in about a month or less in 12 packs cans and 591ml/20oz bottles aswell as the current 32 can flats at Costco Canada. I realize last year i gave wrong information on the introduction of Wild Cherry Pepsi being released for summer 2011 but Pepsi changed the release date to next summer of now 2012 as we all know by now. I will now only give information on new rollouts, when i see them first hand on shelves. The Pepsi rep that i know was correct in the info i was given last year but Pepsi changed the very last minute of the decision to roll it out, sorry.

newCOKEcanuck
09-19-2012, 10:12 PM
I forgot to say that Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi is gone now too. So you guys should stock-up on what's left on the shelves for regular Wild Cherry Pepsi and Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi.