PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi Max coming to KFC.....

drpep
04-19-2011, 08:02 PM
...starting in May according to an article in USA Today.

GenesisWildCherry
04-19-2011, 11:40 PM
Pepsi MAX is delicious.

I hope they do this in Canadian KFCs too.

SodaFan16
04-20-2011, 12:28 AM
Pepsi Max is very good for a diet soda.

GenesisWildCherry
04-20-2011, 01:11 AM
I am in total agreement with that statement. It's even better than Diet Pepsi/Coke and Coke Zero.

newCOKEcanuck
04-20-2011, 06:27 AM
If you guys like Pepsi Max i am not here to knock it as we all have our fav's but Pepsi Max (North American Mix/Syrup) is just Diet Pepsi with extra caffeine,ginsieg and CDEDTA(stabilizer).
I hope soda/food companies quit using CDEDTA as it causes many people to have digestion issues, me included. It began it's life in the pharmesutical industry and blood products. It keeps being used as a cheeper alternative chemical preservative today. Pepsi is the worst soda user but Coca-Cola has started to use it on some sodas and drinks too now over the last year now.

GenesisWildCherry
04-20-2011, 11:50 AM
Are we talking about the same Pepsi Max? You're referring to DIET Pepsi Max, aren't you? "Ginseng and Caffeine", right? I'm talking about the Pepsi Max with Maximum Taste, Zero Calories.

thejax
04-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Just what I needed to wash down my two Double Downs. LOL!

newCOKEcanuck
04-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Yes i meant diet Pepsi Max (North American mix/syrup).

GenesisWildCherry
04-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Well, the "new" Pepsi Max is not the same thing, it's more like Coke Zero, but tastes more like Pepsi than Coke Zero tastes like Coke.

Android
04-21-2011, 01:14 AM
It is? I thought that the formula for DP Max has stayed the same ever since it was introduced in the USA in 2007. The only differences have been in packaging and marketing.

I remember scanning the label off the first-generation-logo 12pack of DP Max right after it came out in June 2007, and I just dug it up and compared it to the nutrition info on Pepsi's website as of now. The only difference I can see is the sodium went from 35mg to 40mg. (okay, and "natural flavor" vs "natural flavors") However a picture of the label on a can I found on the net from last year shows it at 35mg.

http://members.trainorders.com/android/Pepsi/DPMaxLabel.jpg

found this on the net, 2010

http://www.drinkwhat.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Pepsi-Max-Zero-Calories-Maximum-Taste-Facts.jpg

2011 - from Pepsi's Website

http://members.trainorders.com/android/Pepsi/DPMaxNutriionInoFromPepsiWebsite.jpg

GenesisWildCherry
04-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Funny, I always thought the new graphics Pepsi Max tasted better and was different. Go figure.

newCOKEcanuck
04-23-2011, 04:10 PM
I actually was correct with my first post reply on here that in Canada when we got the new graphics on the second gen version IT IS now called "pepsi Max" not "diet pepsi Max". I also looked at the ingretients listed and pepsi took out the horrible chemical preservative CDEDTA(stabilizer) in the canadian version of Pepsi Max, but the diet soda as all of them still have chemicals and preservatives which are terrible for your body. In a pinch though if i had to i could now drink this pepsi max now that it is without CDEDTA. My pepsi rep gave me a cupon for a free one as i just put it in my wallet as i was just gonna give it to a crazy diet soda friend but now that i have looked more closely at the product this week and saw that my bodies digestive system would not be affected i will now get that free 2L and see if it does taste like real pepsi just like coke zero tatses like real coke. I will still only stick with real sodas never diet but in a pinch if i have to i have a short list of diet sodas i can have depending on thier ingretients. Lets see if canadian Pepsi Max wins? I will update later in the weekend....