PDA

View Full Version : New Summer Drinks

jacksmom
05-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Hey all - I'm just curious if there are going to be any new drinks released this summer. The only one I've heard about so far is the Crush Blue Raspberry. I'd especially love it if some of the offerings were caffeine free formulations. Thanks!

jerr2429
05-04-2011, 03:56 PM
it will be out in june i tried it at a sales meeting last week and it was damn good. they were hesitiant of trying another crush lto because lime went over like a lead balloon.

jacksmom
05-04-2011, 04:00 PM
it will be out in june i tried it at a sales meeting last week and it was damn good. they were hesitiant of trying another crush lto because lime went over like a lead balloon.

That's funny, since I loved the Lime Crush! In fact, I still have about eight 12-packs in my basement of that stuff. I guess I'm in the minority here.

SodaFan16
05-04-2011, 04:08 PM
I love Lime Crush too. It's good.

Dewman1979
05-04-2011, 04:33 PM
I love Lime Crush too. It's good.

Lime was so boring.

SodaFan16
05-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Lime was so boring.

Still tastes good.

I've tried Cherry, Orange, Lime, Strawberry, Grape.

I really want to try the Pineapple.

jacksmom
05-05-2011, 02:58 PM
@SodaFan 16 - you're not missing anything with the Pineapple flavor. In fact, I think it may have been discontinued. They recently stopped selling it here a few weeks ago. I like all of the Crush flavors except that one. It tasted more like a pack of Smarties and was very, very sweet. If you've ever had Cactus Cooler, it's basically the same thing.

sublimecitrus
05-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Sobey's here in Canada used to sell Pineapple Crush. It was okay, but just way too sweet. Perhaps it was due to the fact that Pineapple is sweet on it's own, but when you put it in a sugary drink it's just too much. They also used to have Birch Beer Crush. That was pretty good.

So far in Canada the only summer drink I've heard about is Wild Cherry Pepsi. Hopefully that comes to fruition because I've been cravin' that since I went to the States a year ago.

GenesisWildCherry
05-05-2011, 07:19 PM
I hear ya, pal. I crave it too, for the same amount of time. And we need to make sure it stays this time around. :/

SodaFan16
05-05-2011, 08:02 PM
@SodaFan 16 - you're not missing anything with the Pineapple flavor. In fact, I think it may have been discontinued. They recently stopped selling it here a few weeks ago. I like all of the Crush flavors except that one. It tasted more like a pack of Smarties and was very, very sweet. If you've ever had Cactus Cooler, it's basically the same thing.

I see them selling it in stores here.

jacksmom
05-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Since it doesn't seem there are too many "new" summer drinks coming out, I decided to make my own concoction. With the sno-cone flavorings abundant around here, I picked up some Tiger's Blood syrup and added it to my Mountain Dew (caffeine free) - heavenly!!!! I think I'll have to do some more experimenting with the different syrups. The trick is to get a decent syrup and not something cheap. :)