PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Route Advise in NY

Kitrite
05-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Im currently looking into purchasing a route in the NYC area. At the moment, I am looking two, Pepsi and Snapple. Just looking for some advise from other route owners on their experiences. Is Pepsi better than Snapple? It appears to me that Snapple has lost some of it's "mojo" over the years. Any feedback is appreciated.

fusion
05-20-2011, 12:10 AM
Is it a Snapple-only route, or are there other brands involved? I can't see making a living on just selling Snapple these days.

With the Pepsi routes, do you cover large and small stores in a specific area, or just large or just small? You're going to work your ass off in large store accounts. And you'll probably need a helper, especially during the summer.

Do you have any industry experience at all?

My advice would be to hit the streets looking for delivery trucks. You might be able to talk to a few guys who would give you a better idea of how it is to work for Honickman.

Not too many independent beverage routes exist these days. It's mostly bread and cake routes. When I worked for Coke NY in the late 90's, they had just bought all their routes back from the route guys.