PDA

View Full Version : Bring SURGE Back!

Chad.
06-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Hello all, I am sure some of you a pretty tired of us SURGE lovers trying to bring SURGE back to market, but I figured I'd give it one last push. I am a SaveSURGE Hall of Famer SaveSURGE.org - Dedicated to the preservation of SURGE - The Fully Loaded Citrus Soda! surge cola, surge soda, save surge, urge, fully loaded citrus soda (http://savesurge.org/halloffame/chad.html) and I am in the process of trying to become webmaster of the site, and do a relaunch come August. I have started a facebook group if you would like to join the fight.... Bring Surge Back | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Surge-Back/120225161394713) I will try to keep everyone up to date through the facebook page and hopefully find some unique links and stories to make your interest even if you are not a SURGE fan.

doulasc
06-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Chad:
There are so many bring surge back pages on Facebook,which one is yours,I would like to join.

Doug

SodaFan16
06-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Wouldn't mind trying this at all! I heard that it tasted great.

Chad.
06-11-2011, 09:31 PM
this is the link for the page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Surge-Back/120225161394713

Dewman1979
06-12-2011, 12:27 AM
Surge was awful.

Chad.
06-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Surge was awful.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am not a big fan of regular Mountain Dew, but it appears you enjoy it. So to each their own.

SodaFan16
06-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Does it taste better than Vault? (Huge Vault fan).

jmur
06-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Does it taste better than Vault? (Huge Vault fan).

surge & vault are pretty much the same exact thing. as long as vault is around, bringing back surge would be a horrible move.

Chad.
06-13-2011, 09:11 PM
It is pretty similar to Vault, I personally think SURGE tasted better myself, had a aftertaste with more of a bite than Vault. The smell is almost identical though. I also preferred the bright green color of SURGE, made it seem a lot more unique. I think getting SURGE back for a limited run would be cool, especially if Vault is still around to try them side by side. It looks like Vault is fading though, and SURGE could be brought for a limited nostalgia run, similar to the "throwbacks", "heritage" , "retro" and "back by popular dew-mand" drinks.

drpep
06-13-2011, 11:20 PM
Limited run. Retro. Does it make sense for Coca-Cola to have three "Dew" type drinks in their coolers? Especially after Surge and Vault pretty much failed and went tits up. Last weekend I took a quick trip down I-81 from Pennsylvania to Roanoke, Virginia. In the soda coolers I found loads of Mountain Dew in many flavors, some stores with multiple racks of Dew. Mello Yello had two or three facings, sometimes including MY Zero. In some places Vault had two facings. I even saw Vault and Mello Yello in the same cooler. I saw no Red Blitz.
Surge won't be back. Coca-Cola can barely sell any version of a Mountain Dew type drink.

Dewman1979
06-14-2011, 03:26 AM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am not a big fan of regular Mountain Dew, but it appears you enjoy it. So to each their own.

Yes..my...and apparently most others...considering the product was canned many years ago...or should I say....stopped being canned! HHHHAHAHAHAHA!

Dewman1979
06-14-2011, 03:28 AM
Limited run. Retro. Does it make sense for Coca-Cola to have three "Dew" type drinks in their coolers? Especially after Surge and Vault pretty much failed and went tits up. Last weekend I took a quick trip down I-81 from Pennsylvania to Roanoke, Virginia. In the soda coolers I found loads of Mountain Dew in many flavors, some stores with multiple racks of Dew. Mello Yello had two or three facings, sometimes including MY Zero. In some places Vault had two facings. I even saw Vault and Mello Yello in the same cooler. I saw no Red Blitz.
Surge won't be back. Coca-Cola can barely sell any version of a Mountain Dew type drink.

Their biggest problem is that they refuse to go full-bore behind MY. They back it well in the south, but around here??? Barely a whisper.

ATownAndrew
07-06-2011, 11:22 PM
Hi Chad, I used to been on SaveSurge also. My screen name was Andrw_64, I was also a hall of famer on there in May of 2004. I loved Surge and was glad it kinda came back as Vault but now Vault is hard to find here in CA ever since Mello Yello came here this winter (why can't we have both?). I am worried Vault will go the way of Surge - maybe the efforts should be more focused on keeping Vault alive and making Vault national again - just a suggestion. Maybe you should contact Robb Alvey of ThemeParkReview.com, he is a huge Vault fan and gets excited when he finds it on his theme park trips and posts pics in his trip reports. ThemeParkReview gets a decent amount of traffic (#47364 Alexa rank vs #92022 for BevNet). Let him know of VaultKicks.org, at the very least he will be amused by it. It could be a good way cross promote to Vault/Surge/soda fans and to theme park/roller coaster fans. The more exposure Vault gets the better.

RunWithDaLilGuy
08-12-2012, 06:00 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keystonelighttc/7767589192/in/photostream

does savesurge still exist?

iluvsurge220
02-08-2013, 07:12 PM
The Surge movement on facebook raised enough money to put up a billboard in Atlanta, about 1/2 mile from Coca Cola Headquarters I think. I believe they said it will be up for 4 weeks. The movement seems to be growing everyday. I am optimistic that Surge will return at some point. There seems to be a growing demand for it to come back.