PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Dew Livewire

pepsiguy383
06-19-2011, 10:17 PM
So, the week after Memorial day, we rolled out Livewire. We had it for a limited time in 2003, and now that we dropped Sunkist and own Crush flat out (I think?) we can distribute Livewire everywhere. 6 years on a route, I've never been asked about a product coming back more than Livewire. Now that it's back, we are selling a HUGE amount of it. Sure, we had the initial rollout, bringing in 5 to 15 cases into each c-store. But a majority of the places were getting it reordered the next week because they ran out. I know it's gonna sell great at first, but my question is, does it sell good on a consistent basis? I know most territories have had it for some time now, and it would be interesting to hear from some drivers/sales reps on how it moves in C-Stores. Thanks in advance

drpep
06-19-2011, 10:54 PM
Pepsi does not own Crush.

SodaFan16
06-20-2011, 12:51 AM
I love Livewire! I have two cases of them, they sell it at Target here.

Dewman1979
06-20-2011, 01:41 AM
Pepsi does not own Crush.

They own the rights to distribute. Which to him, is all that matters.

As for LiveWire...we have it here in 20oz and 12 packs just south of my area. The 12 packs sell like crazy. So glad they still have it.

mjb1124
06-20-2011, 09:05 AM
That's curious. Pepsi has never had a problem distributing both LiveWire and Orange Crush/Slice/Twister here, and I haven't heard of that being a problem elsewhere either..

Dewman1979
06-20-2011, 04:16 PM
That's curious. Pepsi has never had a problem distributing both LiveWire and Orange Crush/Slice/Twister here, and I haven't heard of that being a problem elsewhere either..

The orange flavored pop is always on the shelf here, but Live Wire disappeared shortly after Voltage came. For some reason, shelf space here is very limited.

SavageHenry
07-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Locally we dist. livewire, voltage, pure black, and supernova as well as orange, cherry, grape, and strawberry crush. None of it sells well around here. (Cincinnati area). But on the other hand I do large format so unless its moving 100+ cases a day I don't notice much.

fusion
10-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Finally saw Livewire with the new Mtn Dew logo. It was the last to change here, and is relatively hard to find.