PDA

View Full Version : Tahitian Treat

jacksmom
06-22-2011, 11:17 AM
I had heard of this drink a while ago and wanted to try it for quite some time. To my surprise, when I was wandering through our local Wal-Mart yesterday, there it was - right next to the Sundrop. I picked up the only two 12-packs in the store and put a can in the freezer as soon as I got home. It was delicious - and at 200 calories a can, it ought to be! ;) It reminded me of Jolt Red (one of my favorite drinks, long gone now), but without the bite from the caffeine. Two questions: Has anybody tried this drink and does anyone know if this is another soda that is getting a wider distribution? Thanks! :)

Mr Zabe
06-22-2011, 01:21 PM
I used to drink TT way back in the mid to late 70's (when I was a kid LoL).
I did not drink it too much as I was not into the "high octane" citrus ending taste
note. I did try it again about 20 years ago and did enjoy it. It sort of reminded me of
Hawaiian Punch with an intense citrus kick. I from time to time see TT at
the local SuperValu (Jewel Foods) in fridge packs.

CitrusCola
06-22-2011, 08:35 PM
TT was originally a Canada Dry drink. Now it's owned by Dr Pepper Snapple Group. It's been widely available in the NC Piedmont area for the past few years.

jacksmom
06-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Thanks guys. I hope it stays around. I love a good soda sugar rush! :)

lordmadone
06-23-2011, 06:15 PM
I guess I am a sucker for cherry/fruit punch sodas/line extensions and I love love love TT.. pretty popular in my area.. va beach beverage distributes it. Has to be my second favorite next to Code Red.

Acheron
06-26-2011, 04:08 PM
I absolutely adore Tahitian Treat. Carbonated fruit punches are big favorite of mine in general.

SodaFan16
06-26-2011, 05:32 PM
I never tried it before. I don't think I've ever saw it in stores either.

danielh
07-13-2011, 12:19 AM
It can be harder to find in areas unless Pepsi did Hawaiian Punch there or the bottler had some commitment to it.

ABARTA Cleveland Coke has tons of it. You can find it from ABC around Pittsburgh, as they carried it due to Pepsi previously having Hawaiian Punch.

I know in Chicago, Coke used to do it under Herbco. I would assume ABC has the rights to it, so it's probably around somewhere.