PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Crush disappearing?

Susan
07-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Hello,

I hate to even think this, but at least around here, I am starting to see less and less of Cherry Crush. Not so long ago all the major stores had it in 12 packs and 2 liters and most convenience stores had it in the smaller 20oz plastic bottles.

Now I can hardly find it in 12 packs anywhere and the 20 oz. bottle I can't find any longer. Does anyone know if they are phasing this drink out? This would be awful news. :(

doulasc
07-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Hello Susan:
I am in Columbus Ohio and all I can find is 12 pack cans of Cherry Crush.No more 2 liter or single 20 oz at convenient stores. When 12 pack cans are only available it marks the beginning of the end,that is what happened with Coke with lime. no more 2 liter or 20 oz but 12 pack cans soldiered on for a year or two before completely gone. The only true Cherry sodas I have had were Cherry Crush and Cherikee red. If Cherry Crush disappears completly I will raise cane.
Should I raise it with my local pepsi distributer or with Dr.pepper snapple group. I do not go on here very often because everyone here hates me especially dewman 1979 all because I ask a lot questions.

SavageHenry
07-03-2011, 12:40 AM
We've still got them here in Cincinnati. 2ltrs and 12's. Some stores take cherry, strawberry, grape, and the orange. Crush is also doing a new promo right now, the "Big Time Rush." I just got some LTO product labeled as such.

drpep
07-03-2011, 12:55 AM
Ask all the questions you want, **** dewman.

drpep
07-03-2011, 12:57 AM
Start raising cane with your local Pepsi distributor first, they may have dropped the packages because of slow sales.

SodaFan16
07-03-2011, 01:25 AM
I haven't seen it in stores for a while. Good thing I have like 3-4 cans saved up.

sublimecitrus
07-03-2011, 12:42 PM
It's been gone from Canada since last summer. Then again, everything is gone from Canada as quick as it comes.

Susan
07-03-2011, 07:39 PM
UPDATE:

I went out hunting for Cherry Crush today at a few stores I usually don't shop at. I am happy to report I found plenty of it. I found it at Food4Less for a remarkable $2.98 a 12 pack. I bought ten 12 packs just in case it does disappear. But there was no indication of any shortages or close out prices at the stores I did see it at. I did find it at Save Mart stores but at a ridiculous price of $6.39 per 12 pk.

lordmadone
07-04-2011, 08:19 PM
It doesn't really sell well in the area I service(then again it is more of a "diet" area). I took the 20oz out of any coolers I had it in because they always go out of date before they sell but twelve packs..2 liters still sell decently.. but 2 liters tend to go out of date sometimes as well.

drpep
07-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Looks to be in good shape where I live.

Dewman1979
07-05-2011, 05:50 AM
Hello,

I hate to even think this, but at least around here, I am starting to see less and less of Cherry Crush. Not so long ago all the major stores had it in 12 packs and 2 liters and most convenience stores had it in the smaller 20oz plastic bottles.

Now I can hardly find it in 12 packs anywhere and the 20 oz. bottle I can't find any longer. Does anyone know if they are phasing this drink out? This would be awful news. :(

Around here it is very hit and miss. Really, mostly miss. Part of the troubles is the lack of shelf space, which seems ridiculous considering the size of this market. We have two different "top Foods" that only Regular and Diet Mountain Dew. That simply doesn't make any sense.

ATownAndrew
07-06-2011, 08:12 PM
I still see Cherry Crush in my part of California, but I'll have to check again. I think we still have Pineapple along with Orange, Diet Orange, Strawberry, and Grape, but I can't find Lime in my area anymore (luckily I bought a 12 pack last fall and got to try it). I wonder if Lime Crush was a LTO flavor or is still in certain regions. I also saw Lime Crush (along with Orange, Grape, and Cream Soda) in Vancouver, BC when I visited there last November. I tried the Crush Cream Soda in a 20 oz plastic bottle and was pretty good for a HFCS cream soda and was a light pink color. The packaging for Crush Cream Soda in Canada is pink and might be confused with Strawberry if it didn't say "Cream Soda" on it (I saw no Strawberry Crush in Canada BTW). Crush also has many Slurpee flavors I saw at the 7-11s I walked into including Pomegranate and Pink Grapefruit - unfortunately I didn't try them as it was around 35F at the time of my visit.

drpep
07-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Lime Crush was an LTO in the U.S.

ATownAndrew
07-06-2011, 09:31 PM
That explains it. Is it still in Canada or was it LTO there also? Also will we see a national rollout of Blue Raspberry Crush here or is it just regional?

Shootmaster_44
07-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Lime is a standard flavor here in Canada. It is one of my favorite kinds of pop.

I had forgotten about Cherry Crush, I remember trying it and not being too impressed with it. I enjoy Cherry Coke, Cherry Pepsi, Cherry Dr. Pepper, but Cherry Crush was unusual tasting. Seems to me it was sort of sour tasting.

I haven't seen it here since last summer. It always seems like LTO flavors in Canada are simply that and they don't get a second run as a LTO. I guess with the pop market being pretty standard in Canada (regular Coke, Pepsi and their core brands), it must be tough for a new flavor to breakthrough.

Susan
07-07-2011, 10:21 PM
The Cherry Crush in the US is not sour at all, it's very sweet. But I'd love to try a Sour Cherry Crush! :D

lordmadone
07-09-2011, 12:36 AM
Saw cherry fanta at the 7 eleven near me..was tempted to try it.

SodaFan16
07-09-2011, 01:11 AM

Cherry Fanta?! I must try this.

Dewman1979
07-09-2011, 04:29 AM

Yet to see this product. Would try it if I did.

Bought some Cherry Crush to go with my Crown Black. Yummy.

ATownAndrew
07-09-2011, 04:35 AM
I was at my Food 4 Less yesterday and they still have Cherry Crush in 12 packs along with Orange, Diet Orange, Grape, Strawberry, and Pineapple Crush. Still no Blue Raspberry Crush though:(

SodaFan16
07-09-2011, 02:54 PM
I was at my Food 4 Less yesterday and they still have Cherry Crush in 12 packs along with Orange, Diet Orange, Grape, Strawberry, and Pineapple Crush. Still no Blue Raspberry Crush though:(

I just bought Blue Raspberry Crush a couple of days ago. It's not great but it's drinkable. :)

fusion
07-10-2011, 12:56 AM
Still going strong here as well. But Blue Raspberry seemed to be a flash in the pan - can't find it anywhere.

Dewman1979
07-11-2011, 12:13 AM
Still going strong here as well. But Blue Raspberry seemed to be a flash in the pan - can't find it anywhere.

We just now got that. But only in 20oz(like Lime was)

Dewman1979
07-11-2011, 12:14 AM

I want to try Pineapple and Peach the most.

SodaFan16
07-11-2011, 12:59 AM
I want to try Pineapple and Peach the most.

There's a Peach Crush?

jmur
07-11-2011, 11:20 AM
I do not go on here very often because everyone here hates me especially dewman 1979 all because I ask a lot questions.

also, you make nonsense multiple nonsense threads over and over again. there is no problem with answering questions. the only thing that bothers me is the nonsense threads you constantly used to make

doulasc
07-11-2011, 12:40 PM
also, you make nonsense multiple nonsense threads over and over again. there is no problem with answering questions. the only thing that bothers me is the nonsense threads you constantly used to make

I am closing my account

Dewman1979
07-11-2011, 04:48 PM
There's a Peach Crush?

we were supposed to get it, but I guess that is a no go.

lordmadone
07-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Doulasc..dont let a few(note: FEW) people hold you down. Just take what they say with a grain of salt and try to take out of it what they are trying to tell you(but in a less jerkish way)..be a little bit more indepth with your threads..have a point and a purpose to them. I enjoy your posts and far be it from you to post something..I mean everyone has critics..some more then others.

I tried the Cherry fanta..and maybe it was the fountain but I wasn't a fan. I liked Cherry crush a lot but it had a flavor that I kind of got sick of.. Cherry fanta tasted kind of bland if you ask me..I mixed it with mountain dew though and I was right as rain!

danielh
07-13-2011, 12:06 AM

I saw Blue Raspberry here once, only in a small little independent market across the PA border. They had FridgeMates and 20 oz.

And I still see plenty of Crush Cherry around here.

ATownAndrew
07-14-2011, 01:33 AM
I wish we had Peach Crush in CA, but I guess that's a regional thing.

SodaFan16
07-14-2011, 02:43 AM
I wish we had Peach Crush in CA, but I guess that's a regional thing.

I've never seen it before.

Susan
07-15-2011, 07:16 PM
I got a couple 12 packs on Ebay not too long ago. It's simply delightful.

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/7/1/0/0/0/2/webimg/456232875_tp.jpg

fusion
07-15-2011, 08:25 PM
Speaking of Ebay, I bought some stuff from a seller earlier in the year - Fanta Grapefruit and Apple, and some Dublin Dr Pepper. The guy was really nice, transaction went smoothly. Prices are very reasonable.

Anyway, he struck out on his own and started up his own site, cutting out the middleman (Ebay). He has Peach Crush on there if anyone is interested. Most 12 packs are $10, but it's the shipping costs that really drive things up. The best part is you don't have to do all the work of asking to combine auctions, etc, etc.

Disclaimer: I don't know the guy outside of that one transaction (he's in Texas), and a subsequent email from me to him asking about some other products, which he replied to promptly.

His site is Soda Emporium | Buy Soda Pop Online | Soft Drinks Store (http://www.soda-emporium.com)

drpep
07-16-2011, 05:25 PM
The Deleware Punch on the website looks so tempting.

Susan
07-16-2011, 11:49 PM
I think that's who I bought the Peach Crush from. Now I'm going to have to try the Jolly Rancher Cherry Soda! :p

Two drinks that I noticed that have disappeared around here that he has on his site are several different Diet Rite flavors. For the past year or so we can only get cola now. I also noticed Sunkist Cherry Limeade which too has disappeared. That was a very good drink. God, I get so frustrated when good drinks disappear. :mad::mad:

ATownAndrew
07-20-2011, 06:46 AM
I just found Blue Raspberry Crush at my local Wal-Mart. I picked up a 12 pack. Is this a Wal-Mart exclusive? I haven't seen it in any other store in my area.

drpep
07-20-2011, 07:58 AM
Not a Wal-mart exclusive.

SodaFan16
07-20-2011, 04:21 PM
Not a Wal-mart exclusive.

I always see them at Jewel and Target.

Irishpepsi04
09-29-2011, 03:40 AM
Wow. Walgreens and one small food store in Buffalo used to carry Jolly Rancher sodas, but now I see it off and on at Dollar Tree and sometime Dollar General.

Hacksaw
09-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Lime Crush seems to be going away here.

drpep
09-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Tops should have Jolly Rancher.

Susan
10-08-2011, 01:51 PM
I guess since I am the one who started this thread by asking if Cherry Crush was disappearing, I should update this. While certain stores around here no longer carry it, it's alive and well in most stores. And for that I am quite happy! :p