PDA

View Full Version : trading idea? let me know what you think.

ilikesoda
07-10-2011, 04:00 PM
I was thinking about how spread out all of us are and how we all have unique and hard to find sodas (at least to others) right in our backyards. Why not set up a trading system? No profits, just for the love of soda. We could somehow list on our profiles what hard to find sodas we have available to us and if someone wants one, then we could look on theirs and see if there is anything we want. It would have to work both ways, but then shipping would be even. I'm not talking massive amounts either. Just a 12 pack or a 2liter. Just to give all of us the opportunity to try some soda we've never tried or one that we've been missing. Isn't that why were all here anyways? Let me know what you all think.

drpep
07-10-2011, 05:56 PM
I got screwed twice in one year on trades set up here with long gone members so my trading days are over.

ThePieHole
07-17-2011, 01:19 AM
I think it's a neat idea. Obviously, as drpep has suffered, honestly would be key, but if it worked it could end up as a "rare soda of the month club" type of thing.

drpep
07-17-2011, 09:03 AM
Trading does work. I have added many bottles and cans to my collection and was able to try several sodas that were not sold in my area. I just happened to have been hosed twice, once by a longtime member and once by a somewhat new member. One of the trades that failed was the second I had made with that person, the first went well. As I mentioned in my first post neither person who I had bad dealings with have posted in over a year.
Also, I don't trust myself to complete my end of the deal in a timely manner. For me it's a pain in the rear to gather the items, find a box and pack the item(s) so they won't leak. The soda would be sent out, just not fast.

ATownAndrew
07-20-2011, 05:58 AM
Sodas that are readily available in my area are Cactus Cooler, Squirt, Ruby Red Squirt, Canada Dry Green Tea Ginger Ale, Fanta Grapefruit, Fanta Pineapple, Seagram's Ginger Ale, Pepsi Throwback, Mountain Dew Voltage, MD Throwback, Crush Pineapple, Crush Cherry, and Manzanita Sol.

ilikesoda
07-21-2011, 08:07 PM
I'm just gonna list the ones that I have here that may or may not be available everywhere.

Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper
Diet RC Cola and Cherry RC
Sunkist Solar Fusion and occasionally citrus fusion (pops up randomly) but only in 20 oz bottles.
Sunkist Pineapple, Grape and Lemonade
Welch's Grape and Strawberry
Tahitian Treat
Pibb Xtra
Recently we have gotten peach Nehi
Mexican Coke and Mexican Fanta Orange both in glass
Fanta Shokata in like 1.5 liter I believe. (imported, but I live near an area where its in just about every c store)