PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Berry 7-up coming soon

drpep
07-13-2011, 06:10 PM
Saw this today at a trade show. Replacing Pomegranate. The sample I had was good.

danielh
07-13-2011, 10:01 PM
So will Mixed Berry be seasonal-only as Pomegranate has?

I liked that product, I'll be sad to see it go.

Wasn't Mixed Berry the flavor of 7Up Plus? That didn't last very long, I doubt this does either.

drpep
07-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Wasn't told if it was seasonal or not. I have vague memory of trying 7Up Plus and not liking it. This I liked.

SodaFan16
07-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Great news! Can't wait for it to come out.

ATownAndrew
07-14-2011, 12:23 AM
7UP Plus was a low calorie soda (10 cals a can). If this new Mixed Berry 7UP is a full calorie version they may get the flavor right and it may do well. I liked Pomegranate 7UP as a seasonal offering would hope its stays as a seasonal drink. I liked the fact that when Sierra Mist did a seasonal cranberry flavor 7UP decided to do a pomegranate one instead of outright copying their competition.

Dewman1979
07-14-2011, 02:50 AM
I wish Sierra Mist would go this route. I loved Cranberry Splash. 7 up mixed berry could be very good, will try. My favorite 7-up was DNL

fusion
07-14-2011, 04:11 AM
And I wish Coke would get off their asses and come out with some more Sprite extensions. Original Remix was great. Now where is a cherry version, an extra lemony version, cranberry,.....something!

I need to get myself to a Freestyle machine and make my own, I guess. There's one on Main Street in Newark, DE at the California Tortilla restaurant. They're a regional chain, mostly in Maryland, but with locations in VA, DC, PA, and that one lonely in here in DE.

Great food, great variety, good prices. I may be a bit biased since my sister is a huge fan, and personally knows the original owners...

Locations ? California Tortilla (http://californiatortilla.com/locations/)

And for the hot sauce fans, they carry 75+ different varieties at each location.

A disclaimer. Not all locations have a freestyle. Best to check before going.

Coca-Cola Freestyle (http://www.facebook.com/cocacolafreestyle?sk=app_157819484263715#MD747)

791 current locations across the country.

drpep
07-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Does the facebook page show locations or is my computer/browser faulty? For the last month I've been getting a mostly blank page, just the info in the left column and a feeling bubbly logo next to the machine.

fusion
07-14-2011, 08:51 PM
If you select "Find a location" on the left side, a picture of the US with a machine in front of it shows up, and then you click on that, and an interactive map shows up. Or, below the map, you can scroll down the entire list of locations, or jump to a specific state.

drpep
07-14-2011, 09:48 PM
Must be something with my laptop. Worked fine for me while planning my roadtrip. Worked during the roadtrip. Went to look up which Roy Rogers in Frederick had the Freestyle and from then on everything on the page loaded except the map and location list. I'll just have to look up zip codes and use the Freestyle website's locator.

Dewman1979
07-15-2011, 02:53 AM
And I wish Coke would get off their asses and come out with some more Sprite extensions. Original Remix was great. Now where is a cherry version, an extra lemony version, cranberry,.....something!

Yep, completely baffling. Yet, they don't seem to need it....based on sales.

fusion
07-15-2011, 07:35 PM
It just seems that Pepsi is throwing out line extensions (especially Dew ones) left and right, but Coke hasn't rolled out a new soda in forever. What was the last one? Mello Yello? Mello Yello Zero? More like relaunches of existing products. Boo.

drpep, the new Wegmans also has a freestyle, along with Firehouse Subs, which is south of the FSK mall (MD 85@I270). That area has been really built up in the recent years, a whole new shopping center at Crestwood Blvd and MD85. Firehouse looks to be south of that, according to the google map on the freestyle page.

I wish RR would make a bigger comeback. I had some at the Maryland House rest area in the Bel Air area, and it was terrible. Nothing like the restaurants at all. The Phillips Express seafood counter there does have a freestyle, but they turn it off when they close (they have reduced hours, the RR is open 24/7).

Dewman1979
07-16-2011, 03:56 AM
It just seems that Pepsi is throwing out line extensions (especially Dew ones) left and right, but Coke hasn't rolled out a new soda in forever. What was the last one? Mello Yello? Mello Yello Zero? More like relaunches of existing products. Boo.

I completely agree. I would love me some flavored mello yello, and Sprite.

SodaFan16
07-16-2011, 02:24 PM
I completely agree. I would love me some flavored mello yello, and Sprite.

That would be great! I wish I tried those Sprite Remixes a long time ago.

ThePieHole
07-17-2011, 01:12 AM

drpep, the new Wegmans also has a freestyle, along with Firehouse Subs, which is south of the FSK mall (MD 85@I270). That area has been really built up in the recent years, a whole new shopping center at Crestwood Blvd and MD85. Firehouse looks to be south of that, according to the google map on the freestyle page.

I wish RR would make a bigger comeback. I had some at the Maryland House rest area in the Bel Air area, and it was terrible. Nothing like the restaurants at all. The Phillips Express seafood counter there does have a freestyle, but they turn it off when they close (they have reduced hours, the RR is open 24/7).

Actually, I stopped into the Maryland House two weeks ago on the way to Six Flags America. The girls at the counter told me the machine kept breaking and that it's no longer in operation. Not sure if it was removed from the premises, although it definitely wasn't in visual range (as I studied the landscape for a couple of minutes before asking directly).

The machine is great at Tortilla and since the refills are free, trying 6-8 combos in a single setting feels pretty appropriate, especially if you just half-cup it each time. An employee invited me to watch as she changed a flavor cartridge--I'd see the videos online but it was still neat to see things in person. She also showed me the code on the water screen to get into the administration settings. I certainly don't remember what she showed me (although I'm guessing she probably shouldn't have shown me to begin with). I know the biggest gripe so far from Tortilla employees in two locations (I popped into the Bowie location as well) has been that the machines don't make their own ice, particularly since the previous fountain models did. I'll probably go sometime this week, as I'd really like to try more Powerade and Powerade Zero combos (Cherry was super last time).

jacksmom
08-01-2011, 09:59 AM
When is the new 7-up supposed to come out exactly?

PepsiBlue
10-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Got a 2 Liter of this yesterday (philadelphia), saw both regular and die. I got regular, I like it, kinda reminds me of berryclear sprite remix, and im pretty sure its better than the 7up plus version was.

fusion
10-12-2011, 04:11 PM
I figured it was coming any day, I saw tags for it in one store. I liked berryclear Remix, I'll have to keep an eye out for the mixed berry.

Thepiehole, I was also disappointed to find that the Freestyle was gone from the Maryland house. It's also gone from the machine location listings, so it's gone for good. I personally don't think it was a good location for the machine.

However, there are three of them at the new Wegmans in Abingdon. I found out they cost about $20k apiece! I haven't had a chance to see a cartridge being changed, but the machines ran out of Vault pretty quickly. I only got to try a grape Vault once.

Wegmans is a pretty interesting store. Lots of good values, lots of high-end stuff as well. The natural/organic section has a good selection of teas and drinks. There is also a huge cold case in the cafe with singles of some of those drinks.

If you're interested in stopping, it's not too far off of I-95. Take exit #77. They recently reconfigured this exit, and built an overpass, so they changed how you access the local roads versus MD Route 24. Take the exit for Tollgate Road/MD 924. If you're coming from the north, it's easy. Take the first exit, stay in that right lane. Make the right onto MD 924, then right on Woodsdale (at the Wawa). Then make a left, go up the hill, and then Wegmans is on the left.