PDA

View Full Version : Moxie

sublimecitrus
07-25-2011, 08:36 PM
I was driving through the very northern tip of NY State, and I stopped at a grocery store and saw that they were selling Moxie in 2L bottles.

What exactly is Moxie? What does it taste like? I would've bought a bottle but I had to fly out of Toronto back to Saskatchewan and didn't really have the room in my luggage.

drpep
07-25-2011, 11:01 PM
Go find the railroad tracks that run through your town and lick a wooden tie, that's Moxie.

CitrusCola
07-26-2011, 01:22 PM
The one person I know who likes Moxie says it's an "acquired taste." Not too many people have acquired that taste....

anakin65
07-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Moxie is by far the worst thing you'll ever taste!!!

Wally1912
07-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Moxie is by far the worst thing you'll ever taste!!!

I'll respectfully disagree with you there as will many other New Englanders! My family has enjoyed Moxie for many generations now. It's the official state soft drink in Maine and Fox News Boston rated Moxie the Number 1 drink in all of New England. Video link (skip to 4:50 mark for #1 ranking):

Best of Soda (http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/morning/best-of-soda)

fusion
08-04-2011, 01:53 AM
Moxie is also easy to find in northeastern CT and the adjoining area of RI, courtesy of Coca-Cola of Southeastern New England, who is a subsidiary of Coca-Cola Northern New England, who owns Moxie through their Cornucopia subsidiary.

20oz were the easiest to find. I stopped at the Pilot in North Stonington CT, where it was 99? for a 20oz. It's the last exit before you get into RI. They also had a few shelves of frozen Gatorade - never heard of it being sold like that! Oh, and they also had Moxie Energy (3 flavors) in 16oz cans.

Further into RI, I found 2Ls and 1Ls of regular and diet, but I think only 12pks of regular. Stop and Shop seemed to be a good place to go for it. There's one right off of 95, exit 3A, Kingstown Rd/RI-138, going towards the University of RI. The 1Ls seemed to be copacked by Cro-Pac/Polar, since their were in their signature 1L bottles.