PDA

View Full Version : I am officially old...

UncleBob
08-05-2011, 10:41 AM
So, we've started selling Mexican Coca-Cola in the store I work in. After some prodding, I got the Coke vendor to put the singles in the coolers in the front of the store, instead of selling singles (hot) off the shelf in the back of the store (with the 2L and cans).

Well, I passed a early-20-something co-worker going to break and she had one of these bottles. She looks at me and asks "How am I supposed to open this?"

I tell her I have a bottle opener in my office, so we stop by my office and I hand her the bottler opener. It's one of those flat, metal ones with curved ends and a magnet on it. Nothing special.

http://www.oneinhundred.com/upfiles/upimg3/Metal---Church-Key--Can-Bottle-5578703.jpg

Well, I hand it to her... she looks at it... then says "How do I use it?"

Made me feel really old.

Mr Zabe
08-05-2011, 10:54 AM
I feel your pain. I have had a few similar experiences like that.

jacksmom
08-05-2011, 11:08 AM
I love it - that's hilarious! :)

fusion
08-05-2011, 03:19 PM
Silly, I know, but we're not supposed to put them in cold equipment. But when I do, it sells like crazy.

So where I can, I try to put it in non-logoed equipment, or a store's open cold case, etc.

One bone to pick, though. I wouldn't call it "hot" if it's on the shelf.. unless your store is 100 degrees inside. More like "warm," or the fancy industry term, "ambient."

UncleBob
08-10-2011, 02:13 PM
I just don't understand. I have a similar issue with Pepsi and Throwback - in spite of the fact it sells and we have people asking for it, they just don't want to stock it in the coolers.

Apparently, our Coke guy says he can get us some Mexican Sprite... should be interesting. :D