PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles Area Availability Questions

Shootmaster_44
10-03-2011, 12:43 AM
I am heading down to LA at the end of November. Since I am a Canadian there are several American only pops I am looking to get. Since I am flying bring cases or 2 liter bottles are an issue in my checked luggage. So I am curious whether I will be out of luck as far as finding these pops inside security at LAX's Terminal 2.

What I am looking to get are:
Vanilla Coke
Wild Cherry Pepsi
Pepsi Throwback (since it has vanished in Canada)
Code Red Mountain Dew
Mellow Yellow
Cactus Cooler
Tahiti Treat
Pepsi Max (as I hear it has extra caffeine in it)

I am fairly confident that Leninaide won't be available inside security. I also may get some of the other sodas not available in Canada that I discover, but am unaware of right now.

Also, does anyone know where a Coke Freestyle fountain may be in the LA/Anaheim area? Preferably a place that offers free refills, so I can try a few of the different flavours.

Lastly, are the so-called "Mexican Coke" and "Mexican Pepsi" available in LA?. If so, are they widely available and in an area that is safe for a tourist?

The King
10-07-2011, 11:02 PM
I have no idea what you may or may not find at LAX, but I've never seen Tahiti Treat anywhere in So Cal. The others are widely available, though Code Red (especially diet) has become tougher to find.

As for Freestyles, there's one at El Pollo Loco in the City Of Orange on the corner of Tustin and Katella. There's also one in Orange at Del Taco on Tustin near Lincoln. These are both near Anaheim and both offer free refills. There are also freestyles in the AMC 30 Theaters at The Block Of Orange and the Cinemark Stadium 25 theaters on Katella in Orange.

There's others but I don't know them off the top of my head.

Mexican Coke is easy to find in So Cal. You'll find it in just about any major supermarket. If you want a case, Smart And Final sells cases, and there's one in the same shopping center as the El Pollo Loco mentioned above. Mexican Pepsi is a little harder to find, but I've seen it around in Albertons supermarkets.

ATownAndrew
10-12-2011, 08:10 AM
You should find all of those in LA area supermakets except Tahitian Treat, but you probably won't find them at LAX. If I recall, LAX has a very basic selection of sodas: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange, Dr Pepper. I don't know if LAX is Coke exclusive or if some vendors there sell Pepsi products. I do know they sell some non-Coke products such as teas, juices, and waters. Your best bet is to bring a checked bag so you can bring some sodas back to Canada. Other sodas you might be interested in that are in So Cal are Squirt, Ruby Red Squirt, Fanta Pineapple, Fanta Grapefruit, Crush Pineapple, Mountain Dew Throwback, MD Voltage, and MD White Out. Mountain Dew is also coming out with two new Call of Duty Game Fuel flavors in 20 oz bottles, so be on the lookout for those, as well as Schweppes Black Cherry Ginger Ale which I just spotted in 2 liter bottles at my local Albertsons. As for Leninade, Bev Mo! stores sell it in glass bottles (bevmo.com for locations). The Coke Freestyle machines are worth checking out, Coca-Cola Freestyle's Facebook page lists all of their locations. El Pollo Loco, as mentioned above, is a fast food restaurant worth checking out in So Cal (along with In-N-Out Burger) and that location in Orange has Coke Freestyle, which is not too far from Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm if your headed to either of those theme parks.

Mr. Frostie
10-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Wow, I'm quite surprised that someone actually wants our American soda.
Vanilla Coke, Wild Cherry Pepsi, Pepsi Throwback, Mellow Yellow, Pepsi Max - You should be able to find any of those at any market. Try Ralph's Markets. I work at one, and we have all the sodas mentioned above.
Mountain Dew Code Red - I think this may be a discontinued flavor.
Cactus Cooler - Ralph's and many other markets carry this one. Take advantage of it since it's only sold in a few states in western U.S.
Tahiti Treat - I've never seen this in California, although I wish we would carry it. I think this is only back in east U.S.
Mountain Dew Throwback - They sell them at some Ralph's. They probably are available at many other stores as well.

ATownAndrew
10-22-2011, 04:58 AM
Wow, I'm quite surprised that someone actually wants our American soda.
Vanilla Coke, Wild Cherry Pepsi, Pepsi Throwback, Mellow Yellow, Pepsi Max - You should be able to find any of those at any market. Try Ralph's Markets. I work at one, and we have all the sodas mentioned above.
Mountain Dew Code Red - I think this may be a discontinued flavor.
Cactus Cooler - Ralph's and many other markets carry this one. Take advantage of it since it's only sold in a few states in western U.S.
Tahiti Treat - I've never seen this in California, although I wish we would carry it. I think this is only back in east U.S.
Mountain Dew Throwback - They sell them at some Ralph's. They probably are available at many other stores as well.

I don't think MD Code Red is being discontinued. I just saw it in Twelve Packs with the new "Mt Dew" logo at my local Albertsons. I'm in San Luis Obispo County and we use the same Coke, Pepsi, and 7UP bottlers as LA/So Cal. I didn't check Ralph's though, as the nearest one to me is over 25 mnutes away.

Tahitian Treat is definitely not in Southern California but is easy to find in the Sacramento area. I tried it on a trip to Lake Tahoe, nothing too special in my opinion. If you check a random convenience store or supermarket in the Sacramento area you'll probably find it. Personally, I'll take Cactus Cooler over Tahitian Treat. Those store brand carbonated Fruit Punch sodas taste pretty similar to Tahitian Treat for those wondering what Tahitian treat tastes like.