PDA

View Full Version : Winona, MN Coca Cola Bottler Question

Mr. Frostie
10-12-2011, 03:03 AM
I was wanting to go to Winona to get some returnable bottles filled. I was planing on taking them via airplane. I'm just not sure if I can bring back the filled bottles via airplane. Will the bottles pop open if they are in the luggage compartment due to air pressure? Or should I ship them through UPS?

Also, since I'm not a local will they provide bottles to someone such as myself, or do they want me to bring my own bottles?

Also, does anyone know which stores sell their Sun-Rise beverages or their Barq's? If I go to their facility will they let me purchase Sun-Rise or Barq's 24 packs without providing them any returnables?

I recently called them about their sweetener they use and they said they use HFCS which surprised me. I thought I read on article online stating they were one of the few U.S. Coke bottlers to use cane sugar?

I just need to know what the facts are about this bottler before I commit to making a special trip.

drpep
10-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Can't answer your airplane question but why didn't you ask the bottler your other questions when you were on the phone with them?

Mr. Frostie
10-13-2011, 12:50 AM
I did ask them a lot of these questions. I just want a second opinion. They also were not able to anwer my question about traveling with the bottles via airplane. I would just like to know if it's safe or not to fly with filled bottles. I also don't want to annoy them with a multitude of questions.

fusion
10-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Airlines may prohibit you from having that much liquid, especially carbonated liquid.

UPS/USPS shipping costs will be insane. I'd estimate in the neighborhood of $50 for a case.

Why bother, if they're just using HFCS?

Mr. Frostie
10-14-2011, 01:04 AM
Airlines may prohibit you from having that much liquid, especially carbonated liquid.

UPS/USPS shipping costs will be insane. I'd estimate in the neighborhood of $50 for a case.

Why bother, if they're just using HFCS?

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm just really dissapointed that they don't use cane sugar, especially since I read an online article stating they use it. I mean common, there are two other U.S. Coke bottlers that use sucrose, so why Winona does not take advantage of that recipe puzzles me. I don't know, they told me that many customers think their Coke is the best; even better than Mexican Coke. I'm kind of in it for the uniqueness, and for the possible taste difference as well as the other neat flavors that they sell.