PDA

View Full Version : HELP! How to dispose of expired product?!

cmf
10-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Hi,

I have about 10 pallets of expired product and have no idea how to discard it. I've been paying storage fees on it for almost a year now, because I have no clue what to do with it.

It's so far beyond the sell by date, that it doesn't taste right anymore, so I do not want it to be sold. It's a refrigerated beverage in a glass bottle. I assume others have had to discard product, but Google searches for this issue seem to come up empty.

This product is located in a warehouse in SE Pennsylvania. If anyone has any suggestions for getting rid of this stuff, please let me know. It's not my storage warehouse, so it would need to be picked up, palletized, off the dock.

Thanks!!

sublimecitrus
10-17-2011, 06:13 PM
I had this problem recently, though on a much smaller scale... box of Dr. Pepper cans that expired a year ago. Took a taste of a can and it honestly just tasted like tonic water.

Ended up dumping the product down the drain and recycled the cans.

I suppose you could do that but that would be rather time consuming.

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-17-2011, 07:49 PM
there are can and bottle recycling companies that also dump product. check for companies in deposit states, such as new york.

popologist
10-19-2011, 12:19 PM
It's not toxic waste.... just pour it down the drain & recycle.

Or... use it to clean your toilet. I actually read before that soda can be used to clean your toilet bowl...

ATownAndrew
10-22-2011, 05:10 AM
Give them away at a busy intersection, park or parking lot. People will take the free products, and if they don't like it they'll be like "well at least it was free". Gave them away chilled (like in ice chests) and they will take them off your hands even faster.

the saint
10-25-2011, 06:21 AM
It's not toxic waste.... just pour it down the drain & recycle.

Or... use it to clean your toilet. I actually read before that soda can be used to clean your toilet bowl...

As a consumer you can do this. It is more than likely 1 case or less. As a distributor you cannot as it violates EPA regulations, not to mention 10 pallets of drinks with the acid in them cannot be good for the lines themselves or where it ends up draining out at.