PDA

View Full Version : Cherry RC Cola

Mr Zabe
11-05-2011, 12:58 AM
I found Cherry RC Cola both in fridge packs and 2lts at Mariono's located in
Arlington Heights, IL. Very cool!!!

DrPepperIsGood
11-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Should be able to find Cherry RC in 12pack/2liter nationally at walmarts as well, in the soda aisle a 2-4 foot section should include RC/RITE/SUNDROP... YUM

CitrusCola
11-08-2011, 05:17 AM
It's not available in the Walmarts in NC. It's not been sold anywhere in the Triad area since the 1980's.

fusion
11-09-2011, 08:28 PM
I'm sure you already know, but it's because the RC guys usually are the Cheerwine distributor as well.

I can't find Cherry RC around here from Honickman Canada Dry, but if I go northwest into Davis Beverage territory, they sell it in 12 packs. But still relatively hard to find, and the dates aren't fresh.

CitrusCola
11-10-2011, 05:46 AM
Yeah, I'm well aware of that. No Cherry RC, no Diet Rite Cherry Cola.... They even limit Cherry 7-Up to 2L bottles. When they picked up distribution of the DPSG drinks, they dropped their own Caravan line of drinks as well as Cool Moon Citrus Soda.

Speaking of Cheerwine, there was an article about it in the local newspaper earlier this week. They are supposed to be on-target for having nationwide availability by 2017 (the 100th anniversary of Cheerwine). They are adding lots of new distributors -- all of them Pepsi distributors.

There have been rumors for years that the Ritchie family plans to sell either Cheerwine (Carolina Beverages) or their bottling/distribution company (Independent Beverages) at some point.

Mr Zabe
12-04-2011, 09:04 AM
I had some Cherry RC last night. It tasted like Cherry Coke. The Cherry RC that I savored back in the day ( late 70's +/-) that was sweetened with sugar was so much better. HFCS Cherry RC like the other mass market Cherry Cola's...are not that good.

orange_slice231
12-04-2011, 12:54 PM
I've had it a while ago, and didn't like it. I don't like cherry cola, unfortunately.