PDA

View Full Version : Aluminium vs Glass

SL_Organics
11-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Hi,

We are about to produce a new organic energy drink on the West Coast and we are just thinking about what packaging to use.

The choice is between a glass bottle and a 12oz slim can. Our first run will be 5000 cases (24/case).

Does anyone here know how they compare to each other in cost?

Obviously glass gets breakage but we think it might be worth it as we are going for a premium sector of the market.

Any help greatly appreciated.

James

hitokage
11-09-2011, 02:56 AM
Don't forget to take into consideration the weight of glass versus aluminum - it raises transportation expenses. That's probably one of the reasons things moved away from glass bottles.

SL_Organics
11-10-2011, 10:15 PM
Thanks hitokage. Seems like there is some big problems with glass (breakage, weight etc) I'm just trying to work out if its worth it.

ATownAndrew
11-11-2011, 04:59 AM
Go with glass if you are going to use crown caps with decorated caps as I collect crown caps and will buy at least one energy drink to try it (and keep the cap). Otherwise go for the cans if your not going to use custom crown caps w/ the glass.

SL_Organics
11-11-2011, 05:14 AM
Thanks Andrew. I'll write you into the cash flow around March for a purchase of 4.16% of one case. Every little bit helps.