PDA

View Full Version : Papa John's makes the switch...

fusion
01-07-2012, 10:02 PM
If you go to the Papa John's website and look at their menu, you will see that they are now offering Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, and Mountain Dew (20oz and 2L) instead of Coke products.

lordmadone
01-09-2012, 06:56 PM
They have been resetting all Papa Johns and installing Pepsi coolers in my area starting as early as the beginning of last week..hard to get a damn incremental cooler right now..ugh.

popologist
01-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Why'd they switch?

lordmadone
01-10-2012, 04:40 PM
There was an article on it at bevnet me thinks but basically it was due to Pepsi's brands ability to reach to the same age consumers that Papa Johns reached to especially with a powerful brand like Mt.Dew which coke has nothing viable to compete with it. It is kind of crazy now that I think of it..the only large national pizza chain that isn't pepsi is dominoes. Pizza Hut, Little Caesars, and now Papa Johns are all Pepsi. About the only bit of win we have going on in the restaraunt business which I believe coke accounts for the majority share in.

joshal1980
01-10-2012, 06:21 PM
I went to their website and they still have Coke products on it. Not been to a location yet, but I find it weird that they have not switched the website to Pepsi yet.

fusion
01-12-2012, 08:18 PM
They are probably rolling the changeover out by market. I'm pretty sure if you put in an east coast zip code, you'd see Pepsi products.

Here is what my Delaware menu looks like:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/garya/papadrinks.jpg

The Sierra Mist Natural is new, it wasn't there when I started this thread the other day.

SodaFan16
01-13-2012, 12:38 AM
There was an article on it at bevnet me thinks but basically it was due to Pepsi's brands ability to reach to the same age consumers that Papa Johns reached to especially with a powerful brand like Mt.Dew which coke has nothing viable to compete with it. It is kind of crazy now that I think of it..the only large national pizza chain that isn't pepsi is dominoes. Pizza Hut, Little Caesars, and now Papa Johns are all Pepsi. About the only bit of win we have going on in the restaraunt business which I believe coke accounts for the majority share in.

They should sell more Vault.

SamC
01-14-2012, 08:50 AM
There was an article on it at bevnet me thinks but basically it was due to Pepsi's brands ability to reach to the same age consumers that Papa Johns reached to especially with a powerful brand like Mt.Dew which coke has nothing viable to compete with it.

TRANSLATION FOLLOWS:

PEP corporate offered PZZA corporate a better deal than KO corporate did.