PDA

View Full Version : Fanta at Mcdonald's

drpep
02-09-2012, 08:19 PM
I stopped at a McDonald's in Dansville, NY and saw Fanta Cherry or Strawberry, the fountain was behind the counter so I could not get a good look. Is Fanta in other Mcds or is this a rarity? I have not seen it in local McDonald's.

ATownAndrew
03-08-2012, 04:17 AM
All the McDonalds around me in the Central Coast of CA have Fanta Strawberry on tap (but not Fanta Orange). I have never seen Fanta Cherry anywhere except as an Icee/Slurpee flavor so I'm guessing you saw Fanta Strawberry. Fanta Strawberry is in several restaurant chains here in CA besides McD's such as Carl's Jr, Jack in the Box, and El Pollo Loco.

fusion
03-08-2012, 07:04 AM
Zaxby's, a chicken chain in the Southeast has Fanta Cherry in their fountains.

On a related note, if anyone is near Memphis (and possibly Little Rock), they should have plenty of Fanta Peach. Apparently peach is a huge flavor there.

I just wish Coke was a little more ambitious with the brand in the US. They come out with all sorts of stuff in other countries.. why not here? They did have Wild Cherry and Berry for a little while... but that's about it. Seems like you have to get a Slurpee to get an interesting flavor.

Personally, I'd like to see birch beer in bottle/can. They have it on some fountains, and birch beer is a big thing in eastern PA, and it trickles down to the surrounding areas as well.

sublimecitrus
03-09-2012, 03:42 PM
McDonald's Canada uses Frutopia for their fruit flavoured soft drinks.

However, I really miss the McDonald's orange soda.

The King
04-05-2012, 02:49 AM
The only place I've ever seen Fanta Cherry on tap is at The Hat in Brea, CA. They use to make Cherry Coke, instead of just having Cherry Coke on tap. It's actually a pretty good mix that gives it a better cherry flavor than Cherry Coke has.

lordmadone
04-06-2012, 04:42 PM
There seems to be a somewhat consistent fanta cherry offerings on fountain in hampton roads area in virginia at 7-11. I posted about it before. I was however not impressed with the taste compared to crush cherry.

Dewman1979
04-07-2012, 03:15 AM
fanta is such fail around these parts. Only three extensions, none sell well.