PDA

View Full Version : Caffeinated Mountain Dew In Canada

Shootmaster_44
03-02-2012, 06:12 PM
I just stopped at 7-11 this afternoon and discovered that caffeinated Mountain Dew is now available in Canada. In fact 7-11 had Diet caffeinated Mountain Dew. It is labelled as Mountain Dew Citrus Charge, but tastes just the same.

Here's PepsiCo's news release: PEPSICO CANADA | Mountain Dew? brings the mountain to you, Toronto (http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/931111/mountain-dew-brings-the-mountain-to-you-toronto)

I wonder if this will mean the LTO summer versions will make their way to Canada since they no longer need to remove the caffeine?

sublimecitrus
03-03-2012, 02:45 PM
I picked up some Mountain Dew in the "Sidekick" bottle at Shoppers the other day. Did they actually stop selling Mountain Dew in Canada for a few months? Because I can't really recall seeing it on the shelves for a while.

I really hope they re-introduce Code Red in Canada. I loved that stuff when I was in high school.

Edit: Also, the diet is 10 calories instead of zero. Perhaps some "ten" sodas will make their way up north?

FilmKrew
03-04-2012, 12:30 PM
^ I also noticed that Mountain Dew was taken off shelves for a while. This is why I was surprised that they had the promo event at downtown this weekend.

If the 'ten' sodas make there way to Canada, I'd think it would be a while after they are nationally released in USA.

Shootmaster_44
03-05-2012, 11:07 AM
I picked up some Mountain Dew in the "Sidekick" bottle at Shoppers the other day. Did they actually stop selling Mountain Dew in Canada for a few months? Because I can't really recall seeing it on the shelves for a while.

I really hope they re-introduce Code Red in Canada. I loved that stuff when I was in high school.

Edit: Also, the diet is 10 calories instead of zero. Perhaps some "ten" sodas will make their way up north?

I like Mountain Dew, but don't buy it enough to notice. But I'm pretty sure that at least here, it wasn't pulled from the shelves. It could be that store were being restocked, but I'm not sure anyone ran out.

Code Red is my favourite too. It isn't easy to find in the US either. I went to a few different stores, in different areas of Los Angeles and couldn't find it. Granted, the majority were either big box retailers or off-brand corner stores. I would have stopped at a 7-11 had I run across one in my travels. I will have to see what I can do when I head to Orlando at the end of May.

Edit: I also noticed that Diet 7-Up is 10 calories too. I'm thinking PepsiCo is subtly rolling out non-Pepsi brand "Ten" pop to see if people complain. But cleverly they aren't labeling them as anything other than Diet. I think if you market it as a "Ten" you risk turning off the Diet drinkers. I have largely switched to Diet and I was hesitant to drink Diet 7-Up when I realized it had 10 calories. I realize 10 or 0, not a huge difference which is why I bought it. I only switched to Diet as I am ridding my diet of Fructose if I can help it.